By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld debuts 12K IN OTHERS!70k 1 week!Your Thoughts??

maybe the piracy is the reason ?? ..... i dont know about other countries but here all the Wii's are moded.

Around the Network

I didn't even know it was out yet! I'll be picking it up, once I get the chance...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It's a tank. It sold horribly. What us there to discuss? Wii owners just think that every game that comes out will have legs, even ultra hardcore ones like this. It'll sell the same or less than NMH.

DMeisterJ said:
It's a tank. It sold horribly. What us there to discuss? Wii owners just think that every game that comes out will have legs, even ultra hardcore ones like this. It'll sell the same or less than NMH.

Wanna bet?

DMeisterJ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you said exactly the same when COD:WAW debuted at 17k.

Nothing is certain either way, so those making definite claims should take a hint.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Two days and it's a flop?

@ ElRhodeo )

Agreed, gore-fests with gallons of blood aren't the kind of games I'd pay money for either.

I'm personally not unhappy about games like these not releasing in germany, especially because adults can import them from austria/uk anyway, if they really want them.

If Madworld does over 500k lifetime it will have sold above my expectations. 1 million would be exceptional.

70k first week is not a flop, not on Wii. Not until it's been a month or two will we have any real indication of what legs the game will or will not have. Though I have to admit that the Others opening was underwhelming, especially compared to the Americas opening.

This is invisible text!

just after 2 days and someone are already mocking madworld sales in others !
Its seems that always someone is trying the wii games to fail, and now are trying do this to madworld, but as was already told or you´ve should know, wii games are the ones that have have the more legs, they do bad sprints but they are good for marathons :)

Sorry for some bad english !

I bought the game last week (strangely enough I found it in Belgium on Wednesday already, ie 2 days before official release) and it's awesome.

But I have to say that I do not see this game appealing to a lot of people. So it's sales will be relatively low and I do not see it having any kind of legs (not COD WAW legs any way).

Wii has a huge userbase beacuse it really expaned the market somewhat with games like WiiFit. The ones with the Wii because of WiiFit will have no interest in Madworld. If you take those out of the equation, the userbase will decrease significantly and the numbers start making sense.

As such, I believe it would not sell more (at least not significantly) on the HD consoles. And the great presentation of the game (black and white, etc...) was probably made possible by programmers having to deal with the least powerful console of the 3. So I am really happy it's on the Wii.

I have no problem calling this game a flop (though it is way to soon to make any conclusions) but we shouldn't act suprised about it.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.