By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld debuts 12K IN OTHERS!70k 1 week!Your Thoughts??

People that expected this game to shift in massive number are just being silly. This game is NICHE , get over it, its still a great game.

And stop bashing LBP sales ffs, its getting old and everytime its the same old argument that gets shot down by logical rebuttals which are prompty ignored.

Around the Network

people with broken avatars , plz reupload them

megaman79 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
megaman79 said:
Wrong console? Hey you got a Wii, buy it for the Wii if you want it because thats the only way your going to play it.

In the meantime this belief that turned BKNB and LBP into financial disasters is the same bullshit that prevents MW, etc from doing well on Wii.

I bet you Sony is more worried about not having a mainstream appealing game than Nintendo is about not having many core titles. But no one will admit that.

How is LBP a financial disaster? It cost $6 million and sold 2 million copies and a shitload of DLC. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

2 million sales

Egghead posted 19/03/2009, 07:45
Heavily discounted here in the UK

Ruh-oh!

PLAY.COM - Spring Sale

LittleBigPlanet

( 394 customer ratings )

£12.99 Free Delivery

RRP: £44.99 | You save: £32.00 (71%)

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

BUY

Still not following you...

Whine all you want those sales on a 50 million user base is a mega flop.

twingo said:

the only people complaining are people who

1. dont like the wii

2. dont own a wii

Around the Network
twingo said:

How much did Okami or God Hand sell on the PS2? ZOMG, PS2 couldn't sell core games!

megaman79 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
megaman79 said:
Wrong console? Hey you got a Wii, buy it for the Wii if you want it because thats the only way your going to play it.

In the meantime this belief that turned BKNB and LBP into financial disasters is the same bullshit that prevents MW, etc from doing well on Wii.

I bet you Sony is more worried about not having a mainstream appealing game than Nintendo is about not having many core titles. But no one will admit that.

How is LBP a financial disaster? It cost $6 million and sold 2 million copies and a shitload of DLC. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

2 million sales

Egghead posted 19/03/2009, 07:45
Heavily discounted here in the UK

Your point?  LBP was pretty low budget as far as HD games go.  The development team started with only around 20 people, and I believe I read it grew to only 31 by the end.  Plus LBP often ranked higher in the value chart which means other games were similarly discounted or many copies were still sold at the higher price.  That doesn't even touch on the money they are raking in with DLC.  To call it a "financial disaster" is just ludicrous.

@Yakuzaice and OkeyDokey, i think im just over reacting in order to defend the integrity of MW. Im sure you all would understand.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I don't expect madworld to have "legs" as strong as the very very famous IP Call of Duty. 500k might still be in reach though.

If this game ends up outselling Ninja Gaiden II a lot of people are going to be eating a lot of words.