By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld debuts 12K IN OTHERS!70k 1 week!Your Thoughts??

megaman79 said:
Wrong console? Hey you got a Wii, buy it for the Wii if you want it because thats the only way your going to play it.

In the meantime this belief that turned BKNB and LBP into financial disasters is the same bullshit that prevents MW, etc from doing well on Wii.

I bet you Sony is more worried about not having a mainstream appealing game than Nintendo is about not having many core titles. But no one will admit that.

How is LBP a financial disaster? It cost $6 million and sold 2 million copies and a shitload of DLC. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Aj_habfan said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Aj_habfan said:
stof said:
not people, person. A person said that, and that was a very silly person.

You think smart people were predicting over 5m for LBP? Every PS3 games gets held to these crazy peoples predictions, and it's damn annoying.

Hardly, but you're trying to make this the same situation when you could fairly often see crazy predictions for LBP (albeit possibly from crazy people), while MadWorld has only had one single person predict it's going to sell amazingly well. It's just not the same, because, like it or not, there were several people hyping LBP up like it was the second coming of Christ. I'm sure none of them were the sensible PS3-gamers, but gamers nonetheless.

I know, it was mostly a joke but I wanted to get my own point across.

Well, alright then. It seems we're seeing eye-to-eye, then. There will always be crazy predictions, and sometimes more than there should be. Nevertheless, LBP saw very healthy sales and MadWorld may yet do so as well. Anyone on this site should know how Wii games sell, since people have oh-so-often made this very mistake and then had to eat crow later.

Yup, can't honestly say I'm surprised how this situation has played out and how it will end up.

stof said:
Aj_habfan said:
stof said:
not people, person. A person said that, and that was a very silly person.

You think smart people were predicting over 5m for LBP? Every PS3 games gets held to these crazy peoples predictions, and it's damn annoying.

I wasn't talking about LBP. I honestly have no idea what it has to do with Madworld.

I'm just saying one crazy guy claimed that Madworld would sell 4 or 5 times what Sega was even going to ship.

Lol sorry, I just picked your post because it was easiest to base my point off of.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
markers said:
wii isnt games

That's right. Japan is games.

OH, IF ONLY THIS GAME HAD GOTTEN RELEASED IN JAPAN... ;D

would have been a million seller first week :D

I will just say this:

COD:WAW sold 17k in its first week in Others. Now it's at 300k.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
markers said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
markers said:
wii isnt games

Try 10 million ;)

--OkeyDokey-- said:
megaman79 said:
Wrong console? Hey you got a Wii, buy it for the Wii if you want it because thats the only way your going to play it.

In the meantime this belief that turned BKNB and LBP into financial disasters is the same bullshit that prevents MW, etc from doing well on Wii.

I bet you Sony is more worried about not having a mainstream appealing game than Nintendo is about not having many core titles. But no one will admit that.

How is LBP a financial disaster? It cost $6 million and sold 2 million copies and a shitload of DLC. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

2 million sales

Egghead posted 19/03/2009, 07:45
Heavily discounted here in the UK

Ruh-oh!

PLAY.COM - Spring Sale

LittleBigPlanet

( 394 customer ratings )

£12.99 Free Delivery

RRP: £44.99 | You save: £32.00 (71%)

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

BUY

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
markers said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
markers said:
wii isnt games

Try 10 million ;)

someone should of told them japan is games!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Yakuzaice said:

So direct me to these legions of people who actually expected LBP to sell 5 million in the first week.

First off, I didn't say legions. Second off, you think I saved those threads? I honestly can't be bothered to look up people for that. You'll have to take my word for it, or not. Your choice. But I'm not going to spend hours digging through 6 month old threads, sorry.

My point is nobody actually believed LBP would sell 5 million first week, just as nobody actually thought Madworld would sell 1 million.  Since you can't even direct me to a single prediction of 5 million first week, I will just have to stick with my original assessment that the purported ridiculous LBP predictions are no different than the Madworld one.

Yakuzaice said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Yakuzaice said:

So direct me to these legions of people who actually expected LBP to sell 5 million in the first week.

First off, I didn't say legions. Second off, you think I saved those threads? I honestly can't be bothered to look up people for that. You'll have to take my word for it, or not. Your choice. But I'm not going to spend hours digging through 6 month old threads, sorry.

My point is nobody actually believed LBP would sell 5 million first week, just as nobody actually thought Madworld would sell 1 million.  Since you can't even direct me to a single prediction of 5 million first week, I will just have to stick with my original assessment that the purported ridiculous LBP predictions are no different than the Madworld one.

i projected 5 million first year for LBP