By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld debuts 12K IN OTHERS!70k 1 week!Your Thoughts??

This was big test for Wii.And people called LittleBigPlanet a flop.

Very sad sales.

Sales History

Region Japan America Others Total
Total Sales 0.00m 0.06m 0.01m 0.07m
Week 1 n/a 57,553 12,952 70,505

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

... Yes, I'm sure MadWorld and LBP were hyped in a similar fashion, and also have similar appeal... What? ... This thread already failed.

Though, to keep my post OT: Great debut in US, terrible in Others. Hoping for legs.

It sure doesn't look pretty. I'm not quite ready to call flop yet, though. EU is the land of legs.

I think the lesson here is not to make your game so outrageously violent that it gets banned in some big markets.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

people called LBP a flop cause some people said it would sell like 5 million its first week

people said madworld would sell like50-100k

but im sure it will continue to sell

@ Majin, grow up.

@famous,Yep Manhunt 2 had same fate..

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

this game is great .. too bad they choose the wrong console for this game :(

If it was on the 360, I'd consider it. The Wii is just the wrong console.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Simulacrum said:
@ Majin, grow up.

@famous,Yep Manhunt 2 had same fate..

Grow up? For calling you on your trolling? Sorry, I'll try to be more mature.

It's about the same as House of the Dead : Overkill in Europe and way above it in NA. I really don't see how this news negatively effects it's march to one million.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

11ht11 said:
people called LBP a flop cause some people said it would sell like 5 million its first week

people said madworld would sell like50-100k

but im sure it will continue to sell

People also said Madworld would sell 1m first week.