By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE5 vs Killzone 2

Nice, one of my favorite thing about shooters is co-op. I'm really into that... I had a blast with Resistance's co-op. How long is RE5 on it's hardest setting?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Tough choice, but if just one, then Kz2. It is easily one of the best games ever.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Riot Of The Blood said:
Nice, one of my favorite thing about shooters is co-op. I'm really into that... I had a blast with Resistance's co-op. How long is RE5 on it's hardest setting?

On its hardest setting?

Depends on what weapons you have and if they are fully upgraded/unlimited ammo. ME + my friend beat it on Pro in about 7 1/2 hours... this was with unlimited magnum ammo, the fact is... one hit from a majini is enough to take off your full life, so it makes it really hard to do if you dont have a co-op partner.

RE5 took me about 9 hours to beat KZ2 took me about 12 hours, but killzone has sweet online play

HanzoTheRazor said:
Tough choice, but if just one, then Kz2. It is easily one of the best games ever.

I should have probably just asks Naznatipz if this is the normal VGchartz opinion. One of the best games ever? Easily? lol

@Carl: 7 1/2 hours? So the game really is only 8 hours long? I liked RE5's gameplay a lot, but I need more than that. this is a tough choice.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

@riot
SP
is like
11 hours(KZ2) Vs 8 hours(RE5) if you don't rush

Riot Of The Blood said:
Both is out of the question. So is Valkyria, I don't want that game. I would buy SO4 before I bought that game.

I'm open for other games, too. It's just these are the most recent games I can think of that are any good.

Believe me , Valkyria Chronicles is one game that you should be ashamed for missing out, its very very very good.

Edit : Rent it atleast , before buying it.

@ Riot.
The first time through should take you about 9-10 hours. You'll also probably want to go through again to find the Emblems/Treasures that you missed the first time around.
If you played through on Pro difficulty without the infinate ammo, im guessing the game would last at least 12 hours, there just aint enough ammo lying around and youd have to keep restarting from a certain point or loading your last checkpoint.

Riot Of The Blood said:
HanzoTheRazor said:

I should have probably just asks Naznatipz if this is the normal VGchartz opinion. One of the best games ever? Easily? lol

@Carl: 7 1/2 hours? So the game really is only 8 hours long? I liked RE5's gameplay a lot, but I need more than that. this is a tough choice.

That right there should solidify your choice. You know you will enjoy it, and yes it may be a bit on the short side but honestly which games outside of RPG/JRPG are not these days?

You also said co-op was a plus for you and RE5 co-op coupled with the fact that you enjoy it's gameplay should give you all the information you need in terms of making your choice.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I don`t like you, so I recommend RE 5. Took me 12 hours on my first playthough on veteran (4 hours at least were retries, the game was not designed to be played on veteran from the start). Should take you 6-8 hours on normal.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."