By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official February 2009 NPD Thread

@Euphoria

Thanks! Yeah, 360 did great this year, and Wii is out of control (not being nearly as supply contrained as it was this time last year certainly helps). PS3 and DS are steady (NPD paints a very different picture for DS than VGC does), and PSP is down. Not a bad month overall.

Now for some software.

Around the Network

Also, before anyone attacks PS2 YoY decrease, remember that Target had it for $99 that month last year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Esmoreit said:
nojustno said:
TowlieFTW said:

I lol'd

sad but true

Jup... we need a new game on the blackboard. I'd say it should either be GoW3 or FF13.

Perfect picture.

Smeags said:
@BKK2

Would you kindly show us the YoY comparisons between the other handhelds and consoles? I'm mighty interested.

I would, but Euphoria was kind enough to do it for me :)

I updated my ugly looking comparisons with +/- for YoY on each console.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

great for all i guess?

nojustno said:
TowlieFTW said:

The funniest aspect of that picture is that it showcases a fantastic line-up of games, exluding Lair and (arguably) Heavenly Sword.
Sure, they didn't "save" the PS3 (Whatever that entails), but I'm rather happy with the selection.

On topic, impressive NPD results.
Practically everything is doing on par or better year over year, which is fantastic for the industry.

PS3 + xbox
Even with all this (games,price cuts, ads....) the market is basically unchanged. PS3 last, xbox beating PS3 but competitive, and Wii beating both greatly. The problem, it looks now, is that the bar got lowered since past views.

Wii beating both combined is not shocking, 276k compared to 753k is horrible but compared to what PS3 sells were in the past, this is good. I know people are happy with PS3 sales but I hope Sony is not happy with it, as a business they should want to be more competitive and work harder to that goal. Same can be said about xbox but to a lesser extent.

Good to Wii for maintaining their lead, xbox for growth over past sells, and good for PS3 for SF4 sells and not decreasing much from past sells. But I hope they are not complacent in these sells and try better.

WOW @ SFIV

surprise of the month!

Well done PS360 HW

Killzone 2 Vg chartz is SPOT ON

wow......we have NO MELTDOWNS TODAY

any gifs at least from GAF?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Impressive sales all around.

SF4 undertracked?? Some how I saw that coming...

4 ≈ One