By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Enoughs enough Nintendo ~ Article That Addresses serious issues Ninty has!

Well there's a reason Nintendo games are very high on metacritic and why most of the top 20 games sold are Nintendo games. It's because they take their time and put out quality games such as OoT or WW or Galaxy or Metroid Prime.

Nintendo have put out more games than they did for the GameCube in the same timeframe and have more platforms to worry about (WiiWare, DSiWare, VC etc)

We've got a higher quality Mario, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart then last generation, have core franchises such as Punch-Out!! and Sin and Punishment 2 being resurrected and that heavily rumored Kid Icarus too.

We've got 2 Excite games this generation, Mario sports games with online, a sequel to Battalion Wars, a new Pikmin inbound along with another Mario game (When do we get 2 proper Mario's in one console cycle??) and Zelda that will reboot the franchise!

We've had less Mario Party offset by things like Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music and 1080 and Wave Race being offset by Sports Resort which comes with a dongle that will make games control perfectly.

We've had a sequel to Paper Mario: TTYD, they've happened once a generation but we may see another, we've seen Fire Emblem, another core game that continues to be a favourite, Nintendo have also co developed Fatal Frame 4!

Retro are working on 2 new IP's, Kirby is set to return to consoles, Ice Climbers are even rumored although I'd bet that's for DSi.. Monolith Soft are hard at work on a new RPG, as are HAL, Project Sora, Genius Sonority, Brownie Brown, Camelot, NST, Intelligent Systems and EAD

I think these ranting fanboys need to take aim at third parties, not Nintendo.

Around the Network
Ryusuken said:

What I see is Nintendo caring less and less for gamers, caring more about money, and laugh their asses off when we enter this kind of debates.

That's not what I see at all.

I see Nintendo caring more and more for gamers - that's gamers as in people who like playing games, not gamers as in some self-appointed judges of what are the only games that count for them.

It is like all of a sudden we've wandered out of that dark and shadowy section of adventure stories and discovered there is a whole enormous bookstore we'd never noticed before. Now sure, not all of it will be to everybody's taste - and sure, that dark shadowy section at the back still looks kind of tempting sometimes. But hey, there's a whole world of other stuff that might well turn out interesting.

And yeah, I'm one of those who stuck with Nintendo through their comparative droughts (for which read, would have been a massive success if it was anyone else), and I absolutely love what they are doing.  

The more I see this kind of stuff from "the Hardcorez" the happier I get?

Is it just me that feel this way?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

wtf? does nobody give a damn about sin and punishment? or is that just chopped liver?

darthdevidem01 said:
"Nintendo takes center stage as Nazi Germany"

LOOOOL Godwin's Law FTW!

Around the Network

why would a revival of kid icarus be so much better than a revival of punchout and S&P?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
why would a revival of kid icarus be so much better than a revival of punchout and S&P?

This.

In fact we'll get all of those plus Kirby so what in the hell is the problem?

puffy said:
Well there's a reason Nintendo games are very high on metacritic and why most of the top 20 games sold are Nintendo games. It's because they take their time and put out quality games such as OoT or WW or Galaxy or Metroid Prime.

Nintendo have put out more games than they did for the GameCube in the same timeframe and have more platforms to worry about (WiiWare, DSiWare, VC etc)

We've got a higher quality Mario, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart then last generation, have core franchises such as Punch-Out!! and Sin and Punishment 2 being resurrected and that heavily rumored Kid Icarus too.

We've got 2 Excite games this generation, Mario sports games with online, a sequel to Battalion Wars, a new Pikmin inbound along with another Mario game (When do we get 2 proper Mario's in one console cycle??) and Zelda that will reboot the franchise!

We've had less Mario Party offset by things like Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music and 1080 and Wave Race being offset by Sports Resort which comes with a dongle that will make games control perfectly.

We've had a sequel to Paper Mario: TTYD, they've happened once a generation but we may see another, we've seen Fire Emblem, another core game that continues to be a favourite, Nintendo have also co developed Fatal Frame 4!

Retro are working on 2 new IP's, Kirby is set to return to consoles, Ice Climbers are even rumored although I'd bet that's for DSi.. Monolith Soft are hard at work on a new RPG, as are HAL, Project Sora, Genius Sonority, Brownie Brown, Camelot, NST, Intelligent Systems and EAD

I think these ranting fanboys need to take aim at third parties, not Nintendo.

Smartest thing said in this thread

phisheep said:
Ryusuken said:

What I see is Nintendo caring less and less for gamers, caring more about money, and laugh their asses off when we enter this kind of debates.

That's not what I see at all.

I see Nintendo caring more and more for gamers - that's gamers as in people who like playing games, not gamers as in some self-appointed judges of what are the only games that count for them.

It is like all of a sudden we've wandered out of that dark and shadowy section of adventure stories and discovered there is a whole enormous bookstore we'd never noticed before. Now sure, not all of it will be to everybody's taste - and sure, that dark shadowy section at the back still looks kind of tempting sometimes. But hey, there's a whole world of other stuff that might well turn out interesting.

And yeah, I'm one of those who stuck with Nintendo through their comparative droughts (for which read, would have been a massive success if it was anyone else), and I absolutely love what they are doing.  

second smartest thing said in this thread

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

This man's narrow tastes, refusal to examine the Wii catalog with any depth, and refusal to buy or even mentioning anything the marketers didn't tell him to buy does not invalidate the cold, hard fact that the Wii has plenty of good and even great games to play. His attitude is not that of a gamer; it's of a genre-fanboy.

This is the precise attitude that has been poisoning the gaming industry for over ten years, and it is a good thing for gaming that this toxic philosophy is losing its undeserved dominance.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Careful you dont get banned darth!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot