By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Enoughs enough Nintendo ~ Article That Addresses serious issues Ninty has!

Naum said:
The more I see this kind of stuff from "the Hardcorez" the happier I get?

Is it just me that feel this way?

Because you've mentally associated them with "the enemy" and are slightly sadistic.

The sad part is that just about everyone in this thread who are making fun of "the Hardcorez" are interested in the same kind of games the people complaining are.  They want more games that interest them and games that would probably interest you as well.

Somewhere along the way every "I'm dissatisfied with the Wii's lineup" thread became a "hardcore vs non-hardcore" thread.  I'm very disappointed with the vgChartz community in this aspect.  It feels like we've gone downhilll in maturity since 2007.

Around the Network

The whole issue with it comes to consumer support is to cater to your audience, first. Nintendo is doing a fine job catering to them while the casuals and non-gamers are the icing on the cake.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Naum said:
The more I see this kind of stuff from "the Hardcorez" the happier I get?

Is it just me that feel this way?

Because you've mentally associated them with "the enemy" and are slightly sadistic.

The sad part is that just about everyone in this thread who are making fun of "the Hardcorez" are interested in the same kind of games the people complaining are.  They want more games that interest them and games that would probably interest you as well.

Somewhere along the way every "I'm dissatisfied with the Wii's lineup" thread became a "hardcore vs non-hardcore" thread.  I'm very disappointed with the vgChartz community in this aspect.  It feels like we've gone downhilll in maturity since 2007.

I think there are reasons to want more -- both from Nintendo and from the third parties. But that has always been the case for almost every console.

I think the reasons that these discussions have tended to go this way is that people are not looking at what exists and comparing it to the past but rather they are feeling ignored, insecure, and insulted because some games cater to another type of gamer. And while such games may have always existed, prior to the Wii they never received so much attention on a regular and consistent basis.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I refuse to read anything by anyone that calls Nintendo "Ninty". Be they fan or hater. :oP

@WoW: We all know you too well to start this, but since you got Mike already...

I don't think people make fun because of other people wouldn't be entitled to their opinion, but because of the certain illogicalities these "hardcore" are ranting about and presenting their opinion piece as facts. I wanted to gather the most common illogicalities/stupidities i see to my 101, earlier in this thread.

Psychologically this would compare to having a second kid, when the first one becomes jealous. Or introducing your new GF to your wife and telling her that your GF is coming to live with you two.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I do love how they bitch about a lack of New Zelda, but also bitch about a lack of new IPs simultaneously.

I was thinking about the same thing but then izaaz101 pointed out the obvious.

On Topic - I don't understand what the serious issues are from the article. It doesn't make too much sense to me.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

bdbdbd said:
@WoW: We all know you too well to start this, but since you got Mike already...

I don't think people make fun because of other people wouldn't be entitled to their opinion, but because of the certain illogicalities these "hardcore" are ranting about and presenting their opinion piece as facts. I wanted to gather the most common illogicalities/stupidities i see to my 101, earlier in this thread.

Psychologically this would compare to having a second kid, when the first one becomes jealous. Or introducing your new GF to your wife and telling her that your GF is coming to live with you two.

I see what you and Mike are saying, however I think you take it a step too far.  I think there's a tendency among the vgChartz community to generalize far too easily.  A lot of times when an article comes up where someone is complaining about the Wii's lineup, there is no rational thought or examination of the person.  Rather what happens predictably is the person is called "snobcore," marked as "the enemy," and insulted by every ignorant poster around (most of which probably probably don't read the articles anyway).

The article in the OP of this thread is full of stupidity so I can't point to it as a good example, but I think it's a matter of degrees.  Right now a lot of people are jealous, that much is certain, but a lot of people are envious as well.  Most people look around and say "I don't see any games that interest me" only to be told "shut up, your opinions of what you like are wrong, be interested in wii fit instead."  Naturally this makes them angry so we get silly rants like the OP's article. They aren't nasty by nature but they get persecuted for not thinking the software lineup is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. In some cases, they are narrowminded but in many cases they're pretty much correct when they say they don't see anything that interests them.

I see a lot of this as self-perpetuating.  People have formed these poorly conceived generalizations and are turning them into reality by attacking people who in fact enjoy the same things they do and it's really sad.  Two gamers who both want the next iteration of Zelda, Star Fox, and F-Zero shouldn't be fighting.

@WoW: The reaction depends on how the article is written and what the author tries to say. If the article is like the one in the OP, it gets treated as such, and if an article bases itself on founded claims, it gets argued with in respectful fashion. Of course, not everyone argues that way and ignorance and stupidity is found from both "sides".

Usually the rant is, that Nintendo did things better this time "and i don't like it". But instead of saying it, they rant about mostly unfounded things that are somehow presented as facts. I can understand if someone doesn't like Wii Fit or Wii Music, but crying it out loud that nobody shouldn't like them or whining about Nintendo making money (when the competition isn't) is just stupid.

Behind the rants, there may also be psychological reason about feeling being wrong when people in general doesn't agree with you, that i think is the case with a lot of game reviewers that consider themselves as authority (or gamers who think that because they play "game X", everyone does so too).

In the end, everyone is entitled to ones opinion, but it should be presented as an opinion.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

That was a waste of the 4MB it took to open Notepad to paste the badly formatted rant in.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!