By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE4: Wii Edition Exceeds Capcom Projections

JMan said:
robjoh said:
JMan said:
(Post erased -- NVM, figured it out)

? you can't leave things like that I want to know what you wrote

ROTFL

Oh, I'm going to do what nintendo does. That "not give you enough information and drive you mad" approach

Naw, I'm not that mean. I was just trying to understand why Wii Sports seems to include the PAL numbers when RE4 didn't. Then I saw the "before they get shippment numbers" part of your response and realized that WS probably gets special treatment because of more known info.

Yes Wii Sport is like in USA bundled so quit easy to calculate if you have the hardware sales.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

I still don't know how Umbrella Chronicles will turn out.

But I realize now that it'll be great for parties. We could basically just run through the game and swap out people when they want to play.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

El Duderino said:
^^ First we have to make Umbrella Chronicles a million seller, then we get RE5

and I still not know how good this game will be so I think that will be a little bit harder...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

This says one thing. Ninty fans will happily snap up QUALITY 3rd-party titles.

You listening EA? The games have to as good, if not better (in terms of quality) - than 360/PS3 titles. Then you have a mega-hit on your hands!

(budget price helps, but it sort of had to be considering its a 2 year old game...).

What other "old" games would be a great budget conversion to the Wii?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

As if you have to ask ...

Around the Network

It's looking pretty good for this game to be Wii's next 3rd party million-seller.

Interestingly, that would leave Capcom as STILL the only Japanese 3rd party to have a million seller on a "next-gen" home console. Dead Rising and Lost Planet both sold 1M on the 360.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Dolla Dolla said:
shams said:

As if you have to ask ...

QFT.

Better yet, Okami 2.   

Erik Aston said:
It's looking pretty good for this game to be Wii's next 3rd party million-seller.

Interestingly, that would leave Capcom as STILL the only Japanese 3rd party to have a million seller on a "next-gen" home console. Dead Rising and Lost Planet both sold 1M on the 360.

You underestimate the power of Dewy.  Seriously though, this is great for gamers, Wii owners, Capcom, and Nintendo.  I just hope they don't decide well RE:UC will be the true test because I'm starting to doubt it will do as well.  

Dewy bomba in Japan I hope it does well here, I really do.

It's pretty amazing that all they had to do was tack on Wii motion controls add in the extra content from the PS2 version and it sold so well. It's also kind of strange that it's outselling a lot of other third party stuff, even other quality games.