By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE4: Wii Edition Exceeds Capcom Projections

wildcat said:

Good to hear. With that kind of sales from a port, maybe Capcom will start being serious about making more games for the wii and not just spin-offs.

look at my sig and take that back!

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
@robjoh well then u are getting screwed cause in the netherlands it IS just 30 euro...

it is? hard to live in sweden sometimes I must say... do you also have english text on your discs? (if I buy it (which I probarbly isn't) it will be better to import then.

yes, and because it was only 30 euro it was an easy choise ( didnot have played it before ).

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

None of this surprises me. If I could find a Wii I would have it too. More and more companies are learning the power of the Wii.
  I also want to take the time to tell everyone not to be so hard on Nintendo when they "gloat" at press conferrences because in the end it results in more games for us. All of the developers at the conventions may not know what the Wiii is doing until Nintendo points it out. Not only that but "gloating" makes more people invest in Nintendo Stock which = more games or more hardware research for us.

The only way I will hate them "gloating" is if they start to lie or actually calling out X-box and Sony on stage. Other than that they are telling the truth and they don't need to be so low-key. I also will stop my support if they return to their NES ways and start being tyrants. For now I think they have suffered under Sony and X-box and they know now how to be gracious at the top.

(Post erased -- NVM, figured it out)

Around the Network
JMan said:

? you can't leave things like that I want to know what you wrote

robjoh said:
JMan said:

? you can't leave things like that I want to know what you wrote

ROTFL

Oh, I'm going to do what nintendo does.  That "not give you enough information and drive you mad" approach

Naw, I'm not that mean.  I was just trying to understand why Wii Sports seems to include the PAL numbers when RE4 didn't.  Then I saw the "before they get shippment numbers" part of your response and realized that WS probably gets special treatment because of more known info.

A few days back, there was an article posted which commented, among other things, that, "the Wii has yet to prove itself a goldmine for anyone but Nintendo." I think we can now pretty safely say that that's not true.

A two-year-old port with well-implemented motion-sensing controls has outsold the vast majority of the highly-rated, original games for the other two platforms, albeit at a budget price. That proves that quality games, even ones geared toward the nebulous "core" crowd, rather than the equally-nebulous "casuals," will sell well on the Wii. Not this hastily-thrown-together minigame crap, not these lazy scaled-down ports of licensed games that sucked pretty hard in the first place, but actual well-developed games, created with the Wii specifically in mind.

We've seen hints of the effect that a good Wii development team can have on making a high-selling Wii exclusive; just look at the success of Rayman and Trauma Center. Most attempts thus far, however - think of the minor disappointments that were Elebits and Sonic - were obviously side-projects, with the main developer focus on the HD systems. Regardless, just imagine what will happen when developers start making quality original games for the Wii...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

johnsobas said:
it must be pointed out that this is sold to retailers, not to customers.

That isn't even a factor as projections were shipments and these numbers are shipments.  And if this game were to go platinum we'd be going by shipments so kinda above the point.

But this game has really topped my expectations and I think is surprising everyone of how well a game over 2 years is doing.  I think a lot has to do with it does add a different perspective on the game with wiimote control and it has a budget price.  Good call by Capcom.  Now we did our part so give us RE5 haha.

^^ First we have to make Umbrella Chronicles a million seller, then we get RE5