By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take2 Exec: GTA IV sales breakdown per platform are 50/50

antfromtashkent said:
TRios_Zen said:
antfromtashkent said:
Wow... so DLC dint do much for MS... that actually is very surprising.... i would love to see the numbers if the DLC was not exclucive to MS

i meant in terms of the sales numbers of the original GTA IV  PS3 v 360

Got you. 

Seems rather incredulous though, don't you think?  ~ 8 Million difference in platform share, for one of the most widely known, marketable IP's in the industry, and yet the smaller market share holder, without the DLC, would sell equal number of copies.

Color me impressed if true, but not sold on it yet.  Fair enough?

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
antfromtashkent said:
TRios_Zen said:
antfromtashkent said:
Wow... so DLC dint do much for MS... that actually is very surprising.... i would love to see the numbers if the DLC was not exclucive to MS

i meant in terms of the sales numbers of the original GTA IV  PS3 v 360

Got you. 

Seems rather incredulous though, don't you think?  ~ 8 Million difference in platform share, for one of the most widely known, marketable IP's in the industry, and yet the smaller market share holder, without the DLC, would sell equal number of copies.

Color me impressed if true, but not sold on it yet.  Fair enough?

lol absolutelly, that why i so surprized

PS3 5.46m
360 6.87m

1.41 million "wrong"

Got to wonder about other games now.

LMFAO at the ones posting vgc is right and Take-Two for what ever delusional reason you posted is wrong, priceless fanboyism right there.

I don't think this is that big of a deal, his remarks are just a generalization. If the ratio is 55/45 they probably consider that close enough to 50/50.

Looks like the PS3 version did pretty well.

Wasn't the 360 version overtracked in NA according to NPD?

Around the Network

If I'm reading that article correctly. The 50/50 answer is to the question of "So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned.", not what is the GTA4 spread of x360/ps3.

And the DLC is not available to ps3 or PC (as of now). That would make sense that it's 50/50.

shipped

ymeaga1n said:
If I'm reading that article correctly. The 50/50 answer is to the question of "So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned.", not what is the GTA4 spread of x360/ps3.

And the DLC is not available to ps3 or PC (as of now). That would make sense that it's 50/50.

Lol, how in the hell does 50/50 answer that question? It's definitely the PS3/360 split.

starcraft said:
Oh come on.

"Approximately 50/50?" He just didn't want to start a shitstorm.

It's one of the biggest games in the world and one we must receive an enormous amount of data for. Brett didn't screw it up that badly.

The TT exec was just being diplomatic.

Exactly this.  You don't use words like approximately, generally, and about if you're trying to give good data on the market.  Both Brett's numbers and NPD's agree that the 360 version sold more, and i'll trust those above generic, approximate statements.

shanbcn said:

"Edward Williams - BMO Capital Markets

First of all, going back to JT's line of questioning, can you give us an idea as to this 13 million GTA 4 units, how many of those are Xbox 360 platform? So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned.

Lainie Goldstein

It's approximately 50/50, Ed.

Edward Williams - BMO Capital Markets

And what about a geographic breakdown, U.S. versus international?

Lainie Goldstein

It's about 50/50 there as well.

Benjamin Feder

50/50 generally.

Lainie Goldstein

50/50 over both, right.

wtf

how is it 50/50 in USA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey