By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take2 Exec: GTA IV sales breakdown per platform are 50/50

Lainie Goldstein

50/50 over both, right.

See? Where does PC come from?

Around the Network
shanbcn said:

Lainie Goldstein

50/50 over both, right.

See? Where does PC come from?

It comes from the fact that the game was released on the PC. Your quote is meaningless in context. Was it 50/50 over both questions? Over Both territories? Over both those who can and those who can't access the DLC? There is no answer because the sentence is vague. It would make no sense for them to not include PC sales however. There is absolutely no reason for them to not include a platform the game is released on. Occam's razorapplies here.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

"So 50/50 platform, 50/50 geographic."

Where does PC come from?

NiKKoM said:

OMG... can't you guys read???

13 million GTAIV
50% is sold for the 360..

6,5 million which is in line with the numbers here...

50% of that is 3,25 million.. is the addressable market for the downloable content.. So they can sell the content to a max number of 3,25 million xbox live gamers...
which is in line what NPD said of the 360 having 50% online gamers...
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/03/npd-group-online-gaming-rising-wii-beats-out-ps3.ars

hence the 50/50

Geeh....

This...
I think...

4 ≈ One

shanbcn said:
"So 50/50 platform, 50/50 geographic."

Where does PC come from?

"So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned."

"It's approximately 50/50, Ed."

While I enjoy using someones own post to prove them wrong, I do find it tiresome to have to repeat myself over and over. They included the PC because the game was released on the PC. Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is they count all platforms the game is released. Go with the simplest.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Approximately is a wonderful word, not to mention shipped does not equal sold to consumers.