By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Stop typing M$ -- it's not as funny or clever as you think it is

Is it just me or do mods get away with starting ridiculous topics

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

There are a few things that annoy me.

1. Tyra Banks
  2. People who don't use turn signals
  3. People who turn or change lanes and then use turn signals

#1. I hear you on that one, girlfriend watches "Next Top Model" and I know for sure that woman is annoying and and says some dumb things.

#2. One of my biggest pet peeves. Drives me nuts when I am driving.

#3. Same as above.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You lost me when you didnt like tyra banks

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I also hate these two things

#1. The fact that I have to park in a "Driveway"

#2. The fact that I have to drive on a "Parkway"

Makes my head explode! O.o

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Stateist and intolerant? Chillaxe man! (and there is one of my personal dislikes, chillaxe! bollocks!)

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

Hey! Its a iconic! Its shows how much M$ money propeled them into the gaming market!

When Sony released the PSX, no one believed it would be the success it was. Even Sony was surprised. MS wasnt interested in the console market, it had the PCs locked down with its monopoly.

Then it came the PS2. It destroyed Sega, Nintendo had no chance. Its was looking like Sony may have a chance to put that wanna be media box in most househoods in the world.

That made M$ be preocupied. It would become the media centre MS wanted the PC to be. It was robbing the games from the PCs (M$ main console!!!). It was time! To take the battle to Sony, and make a better, more powerfull and big console of its time!

We received the Xbox, a PC turned into video game console. An atempt to poster, even deny, Sony's rule of the enterteinment room of US homes. It failed. It costed Billions to M$, but something was achieved (!!!): they created a fan base. One of ex Sega fans (speculating...) that wouldnt buy Sony or Nintendo because of past fanboys biases and hatred for the company that put Sega out of its misery.

When Sony's domination was complete, they killed the Xbox, rushed into the next gen with a faulty/horrible designed Xbox360, wishing to offset teh much anticipated PS3. It worked. Well, it worked well enough.

M$ is simbolic because MS's $ is what kept them into the gaming market after the huge losses of the original Xbox. MS's $ is what let X360 come first into the next gen. MS's $ is what brough so many exclusives into it. MS's $ is what let them sell so cheap around the world.

So M$ is fair.

PS - wrote this because its fun...and Im bored. A try to use this thing ($) as less as possible.

Mr Twesterm.
I agree with most of your post, but there is one thing that vexes me.
What do you have against South Dakota?

This is invisible text!

It's a nice short way to write microsoft...M$

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Thx for the thread, I get tired of seeing it as well.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

lol ok