By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How is MP3 availability?

My local gamestop (very, very small store) got about 20 copies and they were sold out pretty much immediately. They said they would have more in 3 days or so. I haven't checked anywhere else.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

And just so people don't think it, I fully believe that MP3 was sold out in many places, even Gamestop, just take the Gamestop employee telling you gee you sure are lucky you got the last copy with a grain of salt.

The fact that so many people in this thread got the last copy of MP3 should be a clear enough indicator of their bullshit.

My gamestop only had one preorder of the game. I asked the guy if they had any in and he told me that they have 8 copies left. So when I bought mine that left seven. Not all GS empolyees are tools. Of course in my Gamestops area, the 360 is by far the most popular of the next..erm current gen consoles.

twesterm said:
FishyJoe said:
When I went to Gamestop yesterday, I bought the last copy of MP3 they had. According to the clerk, they received 65 copies of which 60 were pre-orders. So I'm wondering if this is just local to me or if anyone else encountered something similar.

Just a quick piece of info: they always fucking say that. Usually right after they say that it's followed by if you reserved it you would have guaranteed yourself a copy. I really hate Gamestop sometimes.

When I got my copy of MP3 Tuesday and ask for a copy, the guy said he had one left and had to go grab the copy off the shelves. He picked one of the random eight empty boxes on the shelves, then went behind the counter and got the actual copy where I could see what was easily 10 more copies. After that he proceeded to give me the reserving lecture but I left.

I thought about coming back five minutes later and pointing out the box he had taken down and more than likely replaced after I left but sadly I was in a hurry.

Man, everyone hammers Gamestop.  It's the employee you are dealing with, not gamestop.  Some are tools no doubt but most are good people.  The truth is, on Hot games, EB/Gamestop orders a "few" games on top of the pre-sells, but beyond that they do an "open" order that follows.  There is a small window between when the preorder ships and when it arrives in stores.  In that window, if they ordered, say 5 extra copies, they will still take 5 more preorders until the game arrives and/or they actually release it.  (sometimes it's sitting in the back for a few days).  If you want a game you know is going to be in high demand from a gamestop you are last in line to the preorders plain and simple.  Not everyone picks up their preorder, though, and they only have 48 hours.  After that 48 hour period, they will sell it if you ask for it.  I actually like gamestop.  The managers of the two stores near me are managers first and gamers second.  They both play but are not fanboys (girls actually) by any means.  They give me an honest answer and will tell me when/if they have a product that I'm looking for.

As an example, and just out of curiosity, I asked the manager at my fav EB if they had any bioshocks in stock.  She said none BUT... we were two hours from the 48 hour cutoff and if the two presells didn't pick up the two she had in the drawer buy closing, I could have one.  They were limited editions and I knew I could ebay them for a profit...  She said she would hang onto them until close and to come back... I went back right at close and they still weren't picked up.  Needless to say I bought both and ebayed them for $120 bucks each.

Yes, she always gives me the line about "preorder" if you *have* to have it first day.  Most of the time, they don't sell 100% but occasionally, they do, and when they do you can't be upset that they gave preference to those that put up the money before they game shipped... I'm not a "have to have it first day" person so frankly I don't care...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

6 best buys in my area, all sold out.

Me thinks I'm going to have to preorder SSBB & SMG if I want to get those for Christmas....uh, I mean if I want to get those for my son for Christmas. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Around the Network

I see a lot at the Costco place I just went today ... Oh, if only I have the Wii ;_;

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

I don't really preorder anymore...I just drive around stores...chances are 1 of the 10 department, gaming, whatever stores will have the game I want on launch day.

I just might preorder SSBB...but if the store I preorder it from doesn't get it on day 1, I just wasted my money, because I will go elsewhere and just walk in and buy it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I went to Wall-mart tonight, and they only had two visible copies in the case. I cannot buy the game yet, as my wife is about to have our fourth child any day now, and a MP3 all nighter would not bode well with my lovely wife.

Of course, I suppose I could buy the game and not stay up all night to play. .......Yeah, right.

Anyway, looking forward to the birth of our new daughter soon!

all sold out today glad i preordered mine!

fagarcia76 said:
I went to Wall-mart tonight, and they only had two visible copies in the case. I cannot buy the game yet, as my wife is about to have our fourth child any day now, and a MP3 all nighter would not bode well with my lovely wife.

Of course, I suppose I could buy the game and not stay up all night to play. .......Yeah, right.

Anyway, looking forward to the birth of our new daughter soon!

Ha, perfect exscuse once she is born though!  Just think...

"Don't worry honey I will stay up tonight and take care of the baby you just get some rest...you deserve it!"

To Each Man, Responsibility