By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How is MP3 availability?

FishyJoe said:
When I went to Gamestop yesterday, I bought the last copy of MP3 they had. According to the clerk, they received 65 copies of which 60 were pre-orders. So I'm wondering if this is just local to me or if anyone else encountered something similar.

There were no new copies of MP3 in the Gamestop I visited today (Hampton, VA) but there was a used copy, which I found odd.

Around the Network
damkira said:
FishyJoe said:
When I went to Gamestop yesterday, I bought the last copy of MP3 they had. According to the clerk, they received 65 copies of which 60 were pre-orders. So I'm wondering if this is just local to me or if anyone else encountered something similar.

There were no new copies of MP3 in the Gamestop I visited today (Hampton, VA) but there was a used copy, which I found odd.

that is odd, who would trade in a great game like that? must have stole it from a friend and pawned it.

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

The Wal-Mart in my area had maybe 4 or 5 copies on Tuesday when I bought mine. I went back today and they were all sold out. I live in the middle of nowhere. This Wal-Mart is the only store for about 100 miles around that even sells video games. Speaking of which, I can tell you that this Wal-Mart doesn't close at night because of crime reasons, it closes at night because there is NO ONE out and about after 10 PM. (Actually the Wal-Mart here might close at 9. I'm not even joking.) There are still some very rural areas left in this country.

chuckd said:
albionus said:
You're very lucky Sqrl. They're all 24/7 in my area (Columbus, Ohio) also but in Akron-Canton they all close at 11 and open at 8 or 9. Drives me mad when I visit my gf who's attending U of Akron law school since I also prefer to go shopping after midnight for the same reasons. It could be worse though, her best friend is going to some university in Philadelphia, there's no WalMart and all the stores close by 9. Even most of the gas stations and fast food joints close by 10 or so. It's due to the crime rate apparently so even if they didn't close it's not like you'd want to be out and about after dark anyways.

Go Buckeyes! /me is a Columbus native.

I'm originally from Cincy, but moved to Colorado about 5 years ago.

On topic, I was at Target today and they were completely sold out.  I don't know how many they got though.

One of the game design teachers I know at my school told me about how he wanted to get the game on launch day but had other prior engagements.

When he finally tried to buy it, it was sold out.

Submit to the deliciousness of the MAD COW BEEF!

Around the Network
Myahon said:

that is odd, who would trade in a great game like that? must have stole it from a friend and pawned it.

A surprising number of people will buy a game like this, play it non-stop, beat it in 2 or 3 days, and trade it in.  You get some of your money back that way, but really, the game is awesome.  I'm going to want to play through it again, and let my friends play it, etc.  Doesn't make sense to me, but a lot what people do doesn't make sense to me.  :)

Entroper said:
Myahon said:

A surprising number of people will buy a game like this, play it non-stop, beat it in 2 or 3 days, and trade it in. You get some of your money back that way, but really, the game is awesome. I'm going to want to play through it again, and let my friends play it, etc. Doesn't make sense to me, but a lot what people do doesn't make sense to me. :)

you mean like buying PS3s?

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon