By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How is MP3 availability?

When I went to Gamestop yesterday, I bought the last copy of MP3 they had. According to the clerk, they received 65 copies of which 60 were pre-orders. So I'm wondering if this is just local to me or if anyone else encountered something similar.

Around the Network

best buy store got 60 copies, and we've sold 40 so far

I just stopped by my closest Gamestop after work today to pick up a copy of MP3. I didn't think to ask the clerk about the supply, but it looked like there were about a dozen or so copies on the shelf behind the counter.

The walmart I got mine from on Monday got 90 in, a quick glance when I bought mine looked to be about 30-40 remaining and that was only 2 PM (edit said AM before...oops). I was really surprised that a Walmart got 90 copies of a game in but the stock lady I talked to was adamant about it.

Actually it was kind of weird.. the chick I talked to at my local Walmart was helping out and normally worked at a walmart in a nearby town and informed me she had put 90 copies out there earlier that morning. I asked if they sold out and she looked at me like I was crazy =P Long story short I drove over and picked up a copy and stood in line in front of and behind someone purchasing it also lol

To Each Man, Responsibility

In Canada, most places received it on the 28th. I bought my copy at the end of the day (10 minutes before closing time) at a Wal-Mart, and they still had at least 15 copies visible. It looked like some were purchased from the display case before I got there.

I don't know how many they got in, but unless they restocked half way through the day or something I'd say that MP3 did not sell very well on launch day.

Surrey BC, by the way (right next to Vancouver).

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

I saw the preorder list at the Gamecrazy I preordered from and they had 42 preorders but I don't know how many they got or sold. For whatever it's worth they had less than 20 preorders for SPM.

I went by walmart just now to pick up WarHawk. (They haven't stocked it yet...) They were completely out of MP3. Didn't ask anyone how many they had or sold, as I already have mine!

Here in GreenBay I got mine a few hours after it's release but when I went shopping the next day I noticed both Wal-Mart and BestBuy were sold out

Shadow)OS said:
In Canada, most places received it on the 28th. I bought my copy at the end of the day (10 minutes before closing time) at a Wal-Mart, and they still had at least 15 copies visible. It looked like some were purchased from the display case before I got there.

I don't know how many they got in, but unless they restocked half way through the day or something I'd say that MP3 did not sell very well on launch day.

Surrey BC, by the way (right next to Vancouver).

The bold part confuses me =P

I thought Walmart was 24/7..or at least it is at all of them in my area. 

On an amusing side not I always shop for groceries between midnight and 6AM You would be surprised how much easier it is!

To Each Man, Responsibility

You're very lucky Sqrl. They're all 24/7 in my area (Columbus, Ohio) also but in Akron-Canton they all close at 11 and open at 8 or 9. Drives me mad when I visit my gf who's attending U of Akron law school since I also prefer to go shopping after midnight for the same reasons. It could be worse though, her best friend is going to some university in Philadelphia, there's no WalMart and all the stores close by 9. Even most of the gas stations and fast food joints close by 10 or so.  It's due to the crime rate apparently so even if they didn't close it's not like you'd want to be out and about after dark anyways.