By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VERDICT Is REACHED -- IGN Proclaims Miyamoto As the BEST Games Dev!!

Gunpei Yokoi is forever my favourite developer. Definitely not the "best" - that's clearly Miyamoto. But above my love for Zelda and Mario is my love for the DS. I've spent more time playing my DS than I even did my N64, when I was a kid.

Yes, the DS came out far after Yokoi's death. But the DS never would've come to fruition without Yokoi's genius. Yokoi did create the Game & Watch, particularly the dual-screened Donkey Kong G&W. And he did create the Gameboy.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Where did Shigesato Itoi place?

Edit: He didn't. To be expected, I suppose.

Khuutra said:

Where did Shigesato Itoi place?

Edit: He didn't. To be expected, I suppose.

Not enought Motherly love in this world.

I'm actually playing through Earthbound in its entirety for the first time (had many half-finished save files in the past, but this time is for reals). I finally see what all the fuss is about. It's a brilliantly understated game that breaks conventions and ... it's fun. Very clever game.

I guess people forget about Itoi like they forgot about Dre.

Didn't he get a gag order for life placed on him by nintendo? Games like pikmin were made just because he likes gardening. So he's never allowed to talk about what he likes personally because other developers may steal his idea and make a game out of it.

counter strike guys ahead of Gabe Newell? not sure if it even sounds right

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

I hope he has a big roll in Zelda Wii.

....... I do really think this guy is over rated, but that's just me

im_sneaky said:
I hope he has a big roll in Zelda Wii.

Why did you necrobump this 14 month old thread?

He is the Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan of the video game industry.