By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NCSoft: "Pc gamers will transition to the ps3"

If anything PC gamers would move to the 360 because it offers the same experience they enjoy but in the living room with the ease of not having to update the hardware.

I'm considering a 360, but I think I'll stick with PC and Wii for now. Between the two I have most of the games I'll want.

And yeah, I'm not sure if Killzone3 knows what he means by "symbiotic relationship" but whatever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
OriGin said:
I'm a PC gamer, i've spent thousands on my PC over the past years, enough to buy both a PS3 and Xbox360 a few times over.

Why am I supposedly going to go to the PS3?

I've purchased the Wii over the 360 and PS3 and i'm a PC fanboy - almost everything on 360 is coming to PC, the only thing that interests me that hasn't is Halo 3.

PS3 - MGS4

I don't think PC gamers will move to the PS3 honestly, if anything they will gravitate more to the Wii.

There will always be a few dedicated PC purists, but honestly, how many people can/will afford to spend the thousands you do?  As that number dwindles, so do the number and variety of AAA games for PCs.

I agree though, PC gamers (myself included) will get a Wii before anything else.  Can't do Wii Sports with a mouse/keyboard. 

Speaking of the Wii, I'd love to see NCSoft put Guild Wars on Wii....

OriGin said:
I don't think PC gamers will move to the PS3 honestly, if anything they will gravitate more to the Wii.

I really don't understand how PC gamers can do that (I know some do though).  For example I was at my parents place and brought my 360 to show my younger brother (he's mainly a PC gamer but his PC is now getting pretty dated).  He was actually pretty impressed with the 360 on the 40inch HDTV we tried it on (we tried Madden 08 and Rainbow 6: Vegas), and out of curiosity we decided to try it on a 32inch SDTV to see just how much worse it is.  We were shocked as just how bad it looked, colors were nowhere near as vibrant, detail was noticeably lost, text was more difficult to read, and it just seemed to have a muddy look to it.  We both agreed that going back to last gen graphics on a SDTV would be very difficult for anyone not used to it.  I now see why some people think the Wii's graphics aren't much worse than the 360's, anyone who hasn't seen a 360 on a HDTV would likely feel that way, but I think most people who don't own a HDTV would be shocked at just how much it does improve the 360's graphics.

I also find it odd that they would go from a system with very good network support in games (clans, leagues, MMORPGS, etc) to one that is geared much more towards offline play.

no, it's not that they would quit being a PC gamer, it's that they would pick up a Wii to go with their PC. Most of the 360 games are on PC, so getting a 360 and keep upgrading your PC wouldn't make sense unless you really wanted a few games like Halo and Blue Dragon.

I don't agree with this article because 360 would make much more sense to replace a PC then the PS3 would.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Well legend, I can't understand why some people are so amazed at Xbox 360 and PS3, but it just happens. There are some things that are hard to understand :P

For me, what NCSoft says is just silly, and yeah, I prefer to have a PC+Wii than Wii+anything else. 

fazz said:

Well legend, I can't understand why some people are so amazed at Xbox 360 and PS3, but it just happens. There are some things that are hard to understand :P

For me, what NCSoft says is just silly, and yeah, I prefer to have a PC+Wii than Wii+anything else. 

What were the last few games you played on your PC?

Right now I'm playing Civilization Beyond the Sword (must add to my sig. heh) and the rest of my sig.

If you are asking yourself, no, I haven't played Bioshock. I wan't to buy it... not "get it"... you know what I mean?

leo-j said:

http://www.psu.com/NCsoft-says-PC-gamers-will-transition-to-PS3-News--a0001127-p0.php

"I think there is a difference between PC and console players but there's overlap as well," said Heath, in an interview with Gamesindustry.biz. "Our view long term is that people who have traditionally only played on PC will actually now start transitioning to PS3. Once they figure out what PS3 does, I think that take-up will get greater and greater."

PC Gamers are generally not the type of gamer that console makers want to have.  They expect cheap software (mostly pirated) and want something that performs as well as a keyboard and mouse.  I don't see the PS3 filling the PC void very well.  PC Gamers will continue being PC gamers and may choose a console based on their software preference.  If it happens to be the PS3... well that has nothing to do with any link between the two hardware devices. 

As a long time FPS player on the PC, the best FPS controls are currently (that are most like a mouse and keyboard) in MP3.  I'm really enjoying what Retro did with these controls.  If other games like RTS's, MMO's and more FPS's come to the Wii... I could see a lot of mouse and keyboard fans feeling more at home on the Wii.  Which may or may not be a good thing for Nintendo.  I can't see too many PC fans wanting 360's due to controls, live subscriptions, high game prices, same games you can get on the PC etc.  But who knows I guess?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Killzone3 said:
dtewi said:
Technology+Time= Outdated

Sucks for the wii, its nearing 10 years outdated already.

That was uncalled for...  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.