By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NCSoft: "Pc gamers will transition to the ps3"

Legend11 said:
OriGin said:
I don't think PC gamers will move to the PS3 honestly, if anything they will gravitate more to the Wii.

I really don't understand how PC gamers can do that (I know some do though). For example I was at my parents place and brought my 360 to show my younger brother (he's mainly a PC gamer but his PC is now getting pretty dated). He was actually pretty impressed with the 360 on the 40inch HDTV we tried it on (we tried Madden 08 and Rainbow 6: Vegas), and out of curiosity we decided to try it on a 32inch SDTV to see just how much worse it is. We were shocked as just how bad it looked, colors were nowhere near as vibrant, detail was noticeably lost, text was more difficult to read, and it just seemed to have a muddy look to it. We both agreed that going back to last gen graphics on a SDTV would be very difficult for anyone not used to it. I now see why some people think the Wii's graphics aren't much worse than the 360's, anyone who hasn't seen a 360 on a HDTV would likely feel that way, but I think most people who don't own a HDTV would be shocked at just how much it does improve the 360's graphics.

I also find it odd that they would go from a system with very good network support in games (clans, leagues, MMORPGS, etc) to one that is geared much more towards offline play.

I have an HDTV and a Wii and have been a long time PC gamer.  I have had a 360 hooked into my HDTV and going from the 360 to the Wii was no big deal for me.  There were certain things that I didn't like about certain 360 games graphically which made me much less impressed with it then I expected.  A lot of devs try to go the realistic route with the 360 which makes people look very unrealistic.  In most games I noticed the people moved very clunky, the eyes looked awful and the color pallettes were very drab.  The Wii controls feel much more like a PC users input and as such feel more friendly for me.  I've played games with higher res then consoles for years and it's never bothered me.  I have a PS2 and still play games on it.  As long as the game looks ok and plays ok, it's not an issue.  I have also been lucky enough to play with HDTV material far longer then most anyone else (1995).  So these graphics arguements are pretty old and tired for me.  Back in 1995 I might have agreed with you.  Nowadays I know better.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Killzone3 said:
dtewi said:
Technology+Time= Outdated

Sucks for the wii, its nearing 10 years outdated already.

That was uncalled for...

not to mention completely wrong...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Quite simply if they truly think a meaningful amount of PC gamers will actually switch to PS3 they are dead wrong. However if they mean PC gamers might pick a PS3 up in addition to the PC habit then they are getting closer to a meaningful number of people, but still there will be at least as many who go PC + 360 or PC + Wii.

Honestly the PC crowd is far more likely to get a Wii than a PS3 or 360 to go with their PC. There are tons of overlap games for the 360 and PS3 that are also on the PC and there is pretty much zero overlap for the Wii and the PC.

This is idea wrong on so many levels that its possible that they knew how wrong it was and were hoping to spur the trend by making the comment...maybe? Hell I don't know what they were thinking but whatever it is they are wrong.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Gamerace said:
OriGin said:
I'm a PC gamer, i've spent thousands on my PC over the past years, enough to buy both a PS3 and Xbox360 a few times over.

Why am I supposedly going to go to the PS3?

I've purchased the Wii over the 360 and PS3 and i'm a PC fanboy - almost everything on 360 is coming to PC, the only thing that interests me that hasn't is Halo 3.

PS3 - MGS4

I don't think PC gamers will move to the PS3 honestly, if anything they will gravitate more to the Wii.

There will always be a few dedicated PC purists, but honestly, how many people can/will afford to spend the thousands you do?  As that number dwindles, so do the number and variety of AAA games for PCs.

I agree though, PC gamers (myself included) will get a Wii before anything else.  Can't do Wii Sports with a mouse/keyboard. 

You don't have to spend thousands to keep up with the 360 and PS3.  The multi-thousand dollar bleeding edge PC was already doing things PS3 and 360 can't before they even launched.  You don't need to spend anywhere near that today to top the PS360 much less just equal them.  Every year that price will get less and less.

The main problem with this analysis is that dedicated PC gamers will not accept the downgrade required to enter the console market exclusively.  Should they want to enter the console market why would they do it at $500 or $700 to get downgraded versions of games they could play on the PC?  If they do as others have noted it would be for the cheaper Wii and its new style of play.   Other PC gamers either just want to play one game (e.g., WoW, EQ, or CS), one genre that doesn't translate to consoles well (e.g., MMO, 4X, RTS), or they just play flash games and the Sims on their 4 year old computer so why would they spend more than what they probably paid for the PC so they can play FPS', RPG's, and sports games?

what alot of people say here is right pc gamers are gravitating towards the wii not ps3 or xbox360 i am an advid pc gamer myself and i know alot of pc gamers as well and pretty much 98% are either stayin gwith their pc's or getting a wii to compliment the pc. now you say bu tyou can get XXX with the ps3 so spending XXX money to get it is worth it. um no i am looking to purchasing a new pc at the moment i found one that is really decent and moded as well for $750 dollars it has a dual core amd processor with a 128mb graphics card 360gb hard drive and here is the thing that suprised me most 4gb of ram and my resolutions on my monitor are high all the time and all my games run at 100fps when it isnt newer games. the pc i have righ tnow cant run bioshock cause of its processor and ram. my pc i consider the equivalent to my wii in power and graphics. but i still play pletny of games on my current pc but the new one will be awesome none the less. oh the moded case is silver with blue led's in teh windows and a digital display showing temurature and time.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

I'm an ex-pc-gamer who owns a wii now, so I can only agree with most of the people here.
Why should a fps gamer abandon mouse and keyboard for a dual-analog joypad?
Why should a grafx fanatic change to a system doomed to be graphically outdated compared to pc-graphics?
(Resolution-wise the PS3 is already outdated even with Full HD)
Why should a runescape gamer (the only pc game I play nowadays) change to a system that does not even have a Java RTE? (please don't start bashing rs now, I know it sucks but it's soooo addictive :)

I think i'm a pc gamer (rts and old point and click lover)

I don't try to start a flame war but:
for me the ps3 is an underpower pc

What interests me in a homeconsole is a different gameplay on my rts ,fps an others games i love (pad sucks for these games )

sorry my english is baaadd

I don't mean to sound offensive, but why the heck would anyone abandon PC for PS3? (For all reasons mentioned above)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

What, i'm going to abandon keyb+mouse FPS control scheme for playing it with a controller? I don't think so. PC has it's advantages, and i think PS3 owners will rather switch to PC than the other way around

Killzone3 said:
dtewi said:
Technology+Time= Outdated

Sucks for the wii, its nearing 10 years outdated already.

LOL....LOL