By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 2009 sales compared with PS3 2008 sales =)))))))

Gilgamesh said:
numonex said:
PS3 version of FFXIII will sell 2 million in Japan?
FFXIII will be lucky to break 1 million sales in Japan. (1.2 million tops for that game)
2 million is pushing it and is unrealistic sales expectations.

Check out the thread I made about this, FFXIII will easily sell 2 million in Japan, it has a very good chance of making 1.6 - 1.9 million first week. You greatly under estimate the power of Final fantasy in Japan.

It's all here: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63104

It's highly unlikely that the PS3 will be past 4 million by the end of the year, so you are saying that if FFXIII released this year in Japan, it would have close to a 50% attach rate? I find it hard to believe that, when no PS3 game in Japan has yet to break a million.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
numonex said:
Neos said:

IMPORTANT:
IF you don`t care about sales of Sony products - LEAVE this thread.
IF you are Sony hater - LEAVE this thread.
IF you DON`T believe in PS3 success - LEAVE this thread.
IF you are interested in discussing sales numbers of Sony products - STAY. =)
*THE MAIN POINT of THIS THREAD - is to SEE how far/close will PS3 be in 2009 compared to PS3 with consoles sold in 2008.

I decided to make a comparison between PS3 numbers of 2008 and PS3 numbers of 2009, because:
1) 2008 is first year, when PS3 will be selling WW for FULL year - 2009 is the new FULL year, because it still hasn't reached mass market price, so 2008 doesn't count
2) In 2008 were released BIG games like MGS4, RESISTANCE 2, AND GTAIV . Games like KILLZOWNED and RE:5 and FFXIII and GT5 are in year 2009 launch window <-- WOW AWESOME LINEUP

3) THis yyear PS3 will sell near 20 million. YES, 20 million. Why?? Because it has GAMES, and LOW PRICE soon, waitfor E3 announcement. SONY will completly dominate E3 with SUPERB games

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 01st Mar 2008:

Console PS3
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2009 to 28th Feb 2009:

Console PS3
Total

Which leads to a result of : -239.963

Ana
lysis : PS3 still has FFXIII and GT5 left to boost sales instantly by 10 million, so no worries =))

Gran Turismo is no longer as popular as it was back in PS2 days a console that sold 140 million and was reasonably priced unlike the PS3.

the 3.31 million sold for the prologue says hi

wasn't prologue heavily bundled????

numonex said:
PS3's 15% Fall in YoY sales in 3rd year traditionally the peak sales year of a console is a very bad sign.

not really... the console is closing on 2 years without a pricecut. traditionally that doesnt happen. if this gen teaches you anythin it should be traditions change

It hasn't even been 1 and a half yet.

Maynard_Tool said:
numonex said:
Neos said:

IMPORTANT:
IF you don`t care about sales of Sony products - LEAVE this thread.
IF you are Sony hater - LEAVE this thread.
IF you DON`T believe in PS3 success - LEAVE this thread.
IF you are interested in discussing sales numbers of Sony products - STAY. =)
*THE MAIN POINT of THIS THREAD - is to SEE how far/close will PS3 be in 2009 compared to PS3 with consoles sold in 2008.

I decided to make a comparison between PS3 numbers of 2008 and PS3 numbers of 2009, because:
1) 2008 is first year, when PS3 will be selling WW for FULL year - 2009 is the new FULL year, because it still hasn't reached mass market price, so 2008 doesn't count
2) In 2008 were released BIG games like MGS4, RESISTANCE 2, AND GTAIV . Games like KILLZOWNED and RE:5 and FFXIII and GT5 are in year 2009 launch window

well.... i thought it was

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
numonex said:

Gran Turismo is no longer as popular as it was back in PS2 days a console that sold 140 million and was reasonably priced unlike the PS3.

the 3.31 million sold for the prologue says hi

wasn't prologue heavily bundled????

not that heavily...

True... the game would still have easily exceeded 2 million without bundles... probably 2.5 million.

In Japan it was (still is?) force bundled for a while too, although Japanese sales don't make up much in totals.

TWRoO said:
numonex said:
PS3's 15% Fall in YoY sales in 3rd year traditionally the peak sales year of a console is a very bad sign.

not really... the console is closing on 2 years without a pricecut. traditionally that doesnt happen. if this gen teaches you anythin it should be traditions change

wasnt the price drop sep. 7th '07? it would be past 1.5 years then

Dianko said:
Gilgamesh said:
numonex said:
PS3 version of FFXIII will sell 2 million in Japan?
FFXIII will be lucky to break 1 million sales in Japan. (1.2 million tops for that game)
2 million is pushing it and is unrealistic sales expectations.

Check out the thread I made about this, FFXIII will easily sell 2 million in Japan, it has a very good chance of making 1.6 - 1.9 million first week. You greatly under estimate the power of Final fantasy in Japan.

It's all here: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63104

It's highly unlikely that the PS3 will be past 4 million by the end of the year, so you are saying that if FFXIII released this year in Japan, it would have close to a 50% attach rate? I find it hard to believe that, when no PS3 game in Japan has yet to break a million.

Sorry but the number's speak for themself, this is Final Fantasy were talking about here...FINAL FANTASY in Japan (that's not a spin off game). The PS3 should be CLOSE to 4 million by the time it's released, even if it was at 3.5 million it'd still easily sell 1 million first week, no problem.

TWRoO said:
numonex said:

wasnt the price drop sep. 7th '07? it would be past 1.5 years then

Last one was November as far as I remember... the introduction of the original 40G, unless they dropped the old models prices down before the 40G was launched?

Maynard_Tool said:
well.... i thought it was