By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
Killzone 2 would have sold better on the Xbox 360 confirmed?

I think Xbox 360 owners fanboys know how to show a good FPS a good first week on the job.

What makes you think it would have sold better on the 360?

This place is disgusting now, why can't people just swallow Killzone 2 did good?

It did good, but it flopped compared to the hype it got and Halo 3 sales.

We all know it would have sold better on 360. Xbox brand was built on fps, and we all know MS would have done some decent marketing. Sony marketing is sad really........

Killzone 2 had nowhere near Halo 3 hype. You can try to say I am wrong, but a quick search will find you many threads that say you will be wrong.

Halo 3 came off a successful 7M+ highly respected franchise. Killzone is coming off a 2M mediocre franchise.

You also said people outside of VGChartz were the ones saying it was going to sell Halo numbers, yet here you are bitching about it like we were the ones who thought this.

Goodnight.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
Killzone 2 would have sold better on the Xbox 360 confirmed?

I think Xbox 360 owners fanboys know how to show a good FPS a good first week on the job.

What makes you think it would have sold better on the 360?

This place is disgusting now, why can't people just swallow Killzone 2 did good?

Hehehehe...

hahahahaahah...

hohohohohohooohohoh....

teehehehehehehehe!

Where did I diss Killzone 2 in my post?

All I did was say the Xbox 360 owners would have apprecated the game!

Explosive fanboyism!!! Stand back people, hes going to BLOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a minor aside the biggest FPS franchises are this gen:

1. COD/Halo (Depending on whether you go by single console or multi
  2. Ditto
  3. Killzone

If you just make it 'shooter' instead it probably makes it 4th or 5th (Depending again whether or not you could single vs multi consoles and whether you consider RE 5 a shooter.

Tease.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Prophet

lol...it flopped compared to hype? Oh man, this is just ridiculously laughable now, you can't be serious. 725,000 sales of a sequel, who's predecessor was deemed "mediocre", is HARDLY A FLOP, no matter how you choose to spin it.

I personally thought it pull 1 million first week at the least.

The-Prophet (Pre-pubescent, virgin, Xbox 360 fanboy and general douche?)... confirmed.

Rpruett said:
The-Prophet (Pre-pubescent, virgin, Xbox 360 fanboy and general douche?)... confirmed.

actually, its 21, university student, 360 fanboy, virgin :p (though i have a gf), and I created this account for fun and isnt reflective of who I am in the real world......confirmed.

god, you wouldnt catch me dead saying what im saying to my friends.....thats just embarassing. lol I leave my video game opiniong to forums and forums only.

but still, personal attack like that........not cool.

Around the Network

Killzone does not have to beat Halo 3's sales for it to be a killer.

It needs to be better, and it sure as hell is. Halo 3 doesn't compare.

LOL @ killzoned

Prepare to face the fury of the halo fanboys.

*QUICKLY HIDES*

The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:
It was a Halo killer. It killed Halo by being a much better game. As far as sales go, a better question is what accounts for all of the negative reactions to positive Killzone 2 sales. Seems like 360 fans are troubled by the fact that the new king of cosole fps games is now exclusively on PS3.

This is wy i made this thread.....for ppl like you.

KZ2 killed nothing. Sales..........lol not even close. Reviews........nope. Online is different but Id say Halo 3 has a overall better and more well rounded multiplayer experience. Its better cause your opinion said so? I can guarantee more opinions.....millions more opinions.....say Halo 3 is better.

The fps console king is still Halo 3.

Again.. He's at it AGAIN.

Halo 3, basically what 360 is KNOWN for.. OF COURSE it's going to have higher sales, Jesus christ kid..

Reviews, who the hell cares? It got a 94 on metacritic SO what? Killzone is at a 91 THUS making it an AAA title.. And go look around, the GameSpot review/comparison, Killzone 2 won the overall AND online.. And i'm POSITIVE you can get millions to say halo 3 is better, from a bunch of 12 year old xbots that HAVE never owned a PS3/Played Killzone 2.

And who the hell put you in charge of declaring the fps king? I'm sick of your fucking trolling.

The market, thats who. Halo 3 is still #1/2 on LIVE every week. Its sales surpass any console fps on a single console.

I think its trolling to say Halo 3 isnt the console fps king.

I think you'd be sad to hear the Call of Duty 4 sold more than Halo 3. Does that make it the FPS king now?

if you nread my post I said Halo 3 outsold any fps on a single console. Halo m3 outsold the 360 COD4.

and since COD 4 is dropping off of LIVE in favor of WAW its clear it doesnt have staying power like Halo 3 does.

So all you're really saying is the Halo 3 is the FPS king on the 360? Yay for Halo 3 being the 360 FPS King!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
Christ..
Is it that hard for people to say the game did well? Fuck..
Just because it didn't sell as much damn copies as halo 3 doesn't mean halo 3 is better.
Sales don't make a game, Killzone 2 is WAY better then any halo game's ever created in my opinion. I'm praising the sales, because what it sold, is awesome to me. I'm loving every bit of this game.

I didnt want to rub it in......but Gamerrankings and Metaritic show Halo 3 with the higher score.

So Halo 3 = Quality (reviews) and quantity (sales)

Your quite the funny guy, and kinda sad, why?

Well, first and foremost, your taking metacritic and gameranking's perspective on the game, your letting someone else judge the game for you, more sad.. Because reviewers gave Halo 3 a higher score automatically means it's a better game, what other people think makes it a BETTER game? Nice logic kid.. Made yourself look like more of a fool, it has a higher quantity because xbots grew up on it, I can assure you no with playstation grew up on killzone. OBVIOUSLY it's going to have higher sales.

Again, pretty sad for taking someone else's perspective on the game. (Metacritic)

lol @ this post. I'm surprised no one called you on how stupid some of the statements in it are. You seem to think that high metacritic and gamerankings rankings do not signify quality in a game because they are the perspective of other and not of your individual self playing the games? HAHA 

More critical thinking and less uncritical thinking.

I considered replying to those posts, but then again I figured it would all blow over again.

R2 was hype, bs, whining and then acceptance. This may just be a bigger version, so its like a sore. Leave it alone and it goes away, fondle it erotically and it spurts puss all over your finger and gets bigger and harder.

Do you remember all the R2 vs GoW 2 feature comparisons? Metacritic comparisons? Sales comparisons? This is just a repeat...

Tease.