By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

The game was hyped to be a "Halo killer", just like PS fanboys hyped KZ 1 to be one. Whats with the sales praise????

Halo 3 has a 3.8 MILLION opening week across all 3 regions. KZ2 is above 700k with Japan likely not gonna add much, maybe 30-50k opening week?

I mean, those are great sales yes, but did everybody forget what game this was supposed to beat???? I also want to add that KZ2 was bundled in Europe and Halo 3 wasnt.

Around the Network

Have fun! ^_^

Former something....

This isn't going to end well, is it?

Why not let the PS3 fans enjoy their victory? What looks to be a great game, did really good sales. Hurray for all!

Chill dog
Halo came out write wen there was a 360 price cut and Halo 1 and 2 were good so people knew wat they were getting into and it even had bundles in both EU and NA
and it also came out near the holiday season

Play Me

You know, I don't remember PS fans predicting it to beat Halo 3.. or kill it.

Enough with this bullshit already. It did 370k in Europe in 4 days, and 320 in NA in 2 days. It did very well and will be a million+ seller next week.
So yeah, I'm gonna praise the sales. I predicted 600-650k and it exceeded my expectations.

...b-b-but the PS fanboys!
Yeah, whatever.

And if you were really following stuff you'd know that it doesn't release in Japan until April.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
Chill dog
Halo came out write wen there was a 360 price cut and Halo 1 and 2 were good so people knew wat they were getting into and it even had bundles in both EU and NA

I'm in the mood for a chili dog now....sonic was eating those in the black knight....it was bad....SONIC IS NOT BAD!!!.....I'm going to cry in the other room now....T_T

Former something....

BHR-3 said:
Chill dog

There was a Halo 3 XBox......but it didnt include Halo 3 the game.

The-Prophet said:

The game was hyped to be a "Halo killer", just like PS fanboys hyped KZ 1 to be one. Whats with the sales praise????

Halo 3 has a 3.8 MILLION opening week across all 3 regions. KZ2 is above 700k with Japan likely not gonna add much, maybe 30-50k opening week?

I mean, those are great sales yes, but did everybody forget what game this was supposed to beat???? I also want to add that KZ2 was bundled in Europe and Halo 3 wasnt.

ROTFL.

While your post is rather funny, it was nice knowing you.

(in before the lock)

the sales r pretty good and they will make a profit and we will get a sequel no doubt

It's funny how people like you have been saying that this game would be a failure all along and now that it's selling about the same as Call of Duty(on ps3), you're acting like it should have crossed the two millions mark on first week.

The truth is, 720k is very good for a sequel of a game that was never really popular to begin with. Some fans had some unreal expectation about the game, but anyone with an ounce of rationality knew that Killzone 2 wouldn't hit 1 million on week one.