By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

Xen said:

You know, I don't remember PS fans predicting it to beat Halo 3.. or kill it.

Enough with this bullshit already. It did 370k in Europe in 4 days, and 320 in NA in 2 days. It did very well and will be a million+ seller next week.
So yeah, I'm gonna praise the sales. I predicted 600-650k and it exceeded my expectations.

...b-b-but the PS fanboys!
Yeah, whatever.

And if you were really following stuff you'd know that it doesn't release in Japan until April.

you dont remember PS3 fanboys saying itll kill Halo 3..........lol sorry but that was said all over the internet.

Halo 3 sold over 2 million in NA in 24 hours...........and 900k opening week in sony land (Europe).  Not to mention the 360 install base was less then the PS3 base is now, and that KZ 2 was bundled in Europe.

Im sorry its great sales......but KZ2 was tied to Halo 3 ever since its announcement, and it came up short.

Around the Network

those sales are based off 3 days and not a week relax your self......your comparing a game that was mediocre and came to be great the next is sure to sell BETTER....so just chill just chill.....

i kno these things cuz im a ninja

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

BxN said:
It's funny how people like you have been saying that this game would be a failure all along and now that it's selling about the same as Call of Duty(on ps3), you're acting like it should have crossed the two millions mark on first week.

The truth is, 720k is very good for a sequel of a game that was never really popular to begin with. Some fans had some unreal expectation about the game, but anyone with an ounce of rationality knew that Killzone 2 wouldn't hit 1 million on week one.

if Sony actually marketed the game half as much as MS did with Halo 3......then maybe it would get the attention it deserves.

I think KZ2 is an amazing game. Thus, I see these week 1 sales as an INSULT. It should have a 1.5 million opening week at the least.

A game of this caliber not even breaking a million week 1? I blame Sony marketing, or lack there of. Or maybe the internet fanboys just hyped this game too high.....I dont know.

I thought it was a bit odd how people were praising the halo-killer as a "system seller" from a 13k hardware increase...but I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

So we should take the words of the 0.01% of PS3 fanboys who thought KZ 2 would outsell Halo 3 over the rest of the 99.99%. 'Mkay then.

Around the Network

Christ..
Is it that hard for people to say the game did well? Fuck..
Just because it didn't sell as much damn copies as halo 3 doesn't mean halo 3 is better.
Sales don't make a game, Killzone 2 is WAY better then any halo game's ever created in my opinion. I'm praising the sales, because what it sold, is awesome to me. I'm loving every bit of this game.

The-Prophet said:
Xen said:

You know, I don't remember PS fans predicting it to beat Halo 3.. or kill it.

Enough with this bullshit already. It did 370k in Europe in 4 days, and 320 in NA in 2 days. It did very well and will be a million+ seller next week.
So yeah, I'm gonna praise the sales. I predicted 600-650k and it exceeded my expectations.

...b-b-but the PS fanboys!
Yeah, whatever.

And if you were really following stuff you'd know that it doesn't release in Japan until April.

you dont remember PS3 fanboys saying itll kill Halo 3..........lol sorry but that was said all over the internet.

Halo 3 sold over 2 million in NA in 24 hours...........and 900k opening week in sony land (Europe).  Not to mention the 360 install base was less then the PS3 base is now, and that KZ 2 was bundled in Europe.

Im sorry its great sales......but KZ2 was tied to Halo 3 ever since its announcement, and it came up short.

Yes, and I only hang out with the crowd on this site because they are rational. Therefore, I don't hear such crap.

Also, you should know - KZ2 is not the foundation of the PS. The Xbox brand/fanbase was BUILT ON HALO. The shooter fans are mostly on the Xbox. Therefore, you see monolith sales. And also, do you remember the advertising campaign it had?

This is my last post here.

Smashed said:
Christ..
Is it that hard for people to say the game did well? Fuck..
Just because it didn't sell as much damn copies as halo 3 doesn't mean halo 3 is better.
Sales don't make a game, Killzone 2 is WAY better then any halo game's ever created in my opinion. I'm praising the sales, because what it sold, is awesome to me. I'm loving every bit of this game.

I didnt want to rub it in......but Gamerrankings and Metaritic show Halo 3 with the higher score.

So Halo 3 = Quality (reviews) and quantity (sales)

I have never seen a game get on people's nerve so much.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
The_God_of_War said:
So we should take the words of the 0.01% of PS3 fanboys who thought KZ 2 would outsell Halo 3 over the rest of the 99.99%. 'Mkay then.

Its the 0.01% that actually decide the stances. Its the 0.01 that represent the whole, they speak for those who do not speak.