By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

LOL thats 3 "ps3 saviour" phrase posted by a 360 fanboy

Looks like i was right after all...it's not the ps3 fans who post this it's the 360 fanboys

ask them for a link where it's said that KZ2 is gonna be a "ps3 saviour" and they can't provide any.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

I think you'd be sad to hear the Call of Duty 4 sold more than Halo 3. Does that make it the FPS king now?

if you nread my post I said Halo 3 outsold any fps on a single console. Halo m3 outsold the 360 COD4.

and since COD 4 is dropping off of LIVE in favor of WAW its clear it doesnt have staying power like Halo 3 does.

saying console exclusive does not make a game FPS king. Besides..Duck Hunt sold way more copies then Halo 3. Duck Hunt IS THE FPS King!

WAS the fps king :p

I dont see it anywhere on LIVES top 10. It had its moment in the sun 20 years ago :p

If you type in a search of this website with the phrases "killzone 2" and "halo killer" 290 threads pop up!

axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

I think you'd be sad to hear the Call of Duty 4 sold more than Halo 3. Does that make it the FPS king now?

if you nread my post I said Halo 3 outsold any fps on a single console. Halo m3 outsold the 360 COD4.

and since COD 4 is dropping off of LIVE in favor of WAW its clear it doesnt have staying power like Halo 3 does.

saying console exclusive does not make a game FPS king. Besides..Duck Hunt sold way more copies then Halo 3. Duck Hunt IS THE FPS King!

I dont see it anywhere on LIVES top 10. It had its moment in the sun 20 years ago :p

That's because those pansies on xbox live can't handle Duck Hunt.

axumblade.

Don't even bother with him, all he care's about is Xbox live "most played", sales and metacritic reviews.

And he makes his decision off that.

Smashed said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

axumblade.

Don't even bother with him, all he care's about is Xbox live "most played", sales and metacritic reviews.

LIVE top 10 = staying power

sales = poularity

reviews = quality

My own opinion = Halo 3 is worthy of the hype.

I think is absurd you dont value those 3 criteria at all, they mean something.

Around the Network
damkira said:
Euphoria14 said:
damkira said:

Self delusion, mostly...

There's really no way to spin sales like that for the most expensive game ever made.

It would have to have legs like Mario Kart or Wii Fit in order to be successful, but we all know the sales patterns of PS3 games.. they tend to drop in sales really quickly.

GTAIV is the most expensive ever made and no figures are known for how much KZ2 cost to make, that is all speculation, nothing more.

You have no facts while valid arguments with facts to back them up actually are being brought up. It can't be damage control or spinning if you can not prove it wrong. Let alone try to do it while making obviously false statements yourself.

As for legs, someone got to that before me. 

A game doesn't need to sell over a million in it's first week in order to be considered successful. Add to that when it is releasing, in February, not the Holidays like most blockbuster titles, also the fact it has limited sales data seeing as how it released on Friday and games in the US most, if not always release on Tuesdays and let us not forget it is a sequel to a quite mediocre game.

Its very difficult to say, although with the swelling budget and massive amounts of promotion it is extremely plausible that Killzone 2 is the most expensive game ever. Even if it isn't, GTA IV sold over 5 million copies on its first week. KZ2 couldn't even manage a million. 

Once again, it came off a successful franchise whose last game sold over 10M copies. Killzone 1 sold 2M.

As for expensive game ever thing, once again, your going on nothing but speculation. No facts. You can not deem something as a failure unless you have the facts to back it up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

axumblade.

sales = poularity

reviews = quality

Top 10 = FOR THE fourth time, it's HALO.. It's 360's most powerful game, what makes you think people will stop playing?

Sales = Once again.. Look at number one.. Where do you think halo 3 get's it sales from?

Reviews = Killzone 2 got amazing reviews.

YOU sir are absurd for basing a "fps king" off those.. 

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

axumblade.

sales = poularity

reviews = quality

Duck Hunt isn't even on XBox LIVE.

LOL!

Neither is Killzone 2.

LOL!

"Killzone 2 sucks because it isn't on XBOX LIVE top ten!"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Killzone 2 would have sold better on the Xbox 360 confirmed?

I think Xbox 360 owners know how to show a good FPS a good first week on the job.

Tease.

Euphoria14 said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
axumblade said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:

axumblade.

sales = poularity

reviews = quality

Duck Hunt isn't even on XBox LIVE.

LOL!

Neither is Killzone 2.

LOL!

"Killzone 2 sucks because it isn't on XBOX LIVE top ten!"

u missed my point.

I meant that LIVE top 10 = replayability and staying power.

When KZ2 is still #1 on PSN after 2 years, then well talk.