By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

WiiStation360 said:
damkira said:

Self delusion, mostly...

There's really no way to spin sales like that for the most expensive game ever made.

That would be GTA4.

This. KZ2 was very expensive but it way under GTA4. (and even Shenmue!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:
It was a Halo killer. It killed Halo by being a much better game. As far as sales go, a better question is what accounts for all of the negative reactions to positive Killzone 2 sales. Seems like 360 fans are troubled by the fact that the new king of cosole fps games is now exclusively on PS3.

This is wy i made this thread.....for ppl like you.

KZ2 killed nothing. Sales..........lol not even close. Reviews........nope. Online is different but Id say Halo 3 has a overall better and more well rounded multiplayer experience. Its better cause your opinion said so? I can guarantee more opinions.....millions more opinions.....say Halo 3 is better.

The fps console king is still Halo 3.

Again.. He's at it AGAIN.

Halo 3, basically what 360 is KNOWN for.. OF COURSE it's going to have higher sales, Jesus christ kid..

Reviews, who the hell cares? It got a 94 on metacritic SO what? Killzone is at a 91 THUS making it an AAA title.. And go look around, the GameSpot review/comparison, Killzone 2 won the overall AND online.. And i'm POSITIVE you can get millions to say halo 3 is better, from a bunch of 12 year old xbots that HAVE never owned a PS3/Played Killzone 2.

And who the hell put you in charge of declaring the fps king? I'm sick of your fucking trolling.

The market, thats who. Halo 3 is still #1/2 on LIVE every week. Its sales surpass any console fps on a single console.

I think its trolling to say Halo 3 isnt the console fps king.

Euphoria14 said:
damkira said:

Self delusion, mostly...

There's really no way to spin sales like that for the most expensive game ever made.

It would have to have legs like Mario Kart or Wii Fit in order to be successful, but we all know the sales patterns of PS3 games.. they tend to drop in sales really quickly.

GTAIV is the most expensive ever made and no figures are known for how much KZ2 cost to make, that is all speculation, nothing more.

You have no facts while valid arguments with facts to back them up actually are being brought up. It can't be damage control or spinning if you can not prove it wrong. Let alone try to do it while making obviously false statements yourself.

As for legs, someone got to that before me. 

A game doesn't need to sell over a million in it's first week in order to be considered successful. Add to that when it is releasing, in February, not the Holidays like most blockbuster titles, also the fact it has limited sales data seeing as how it released on Friday and games in the US most, if not always release on Tuesdays and let us not forget it is a sequel to a quite mediocre game.

Its very difficult to say, although with the swelling budget and massive amounts of promotion it is extremely plausible that Killzone 2 is the most expensive game ever. Even if it isn't, GTA IV sold over 5 million copies on its first week. KZ2 couldn't even manage a million. 

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:
It was a Halo killer. It killed Halo by being a much better game. As far as sales go, a better question is what accounts for all of the negative reactions to positive Killzone 2 sales. Seems like 360 fans are troubled by the fact that the new king of cosole fps games is now exclusively on PS3.

KZ2 killed nothing. Sales..........lol not even close. Reviews........nope. Online is different but Id say Halo 3 has a overall better and more well rounded multiplayer experience. Its better cause your opinion said so? I can guarantee more opinions.....millions more opinions.....say Halo 3 is better.

Halo 3, basically what 360 is KNOWN for.. OF COURSE it's going to have higher sales, Jesus christ kid..

Reviews, who the hell cares? It got a 94 on metacritic SO what? Killzone is at a 91 THUS making it an AAA title.. And go look around, the GameSpot review/comparison, Killzone 2 won the overall AND online.. And i'm POSITIVE you can get millions to say halo 3 is better, from a bunch of 12 year old xbots that HAVE never owned a PS3/Played Killzone 2.

And who the hell put you in charge of declaring the fps king? I'm sick of your fucking trolling.

The market, thats who. Halo 3 is still #1/2 on LIVE every week. Its sales surpass any console fps on a single console.

I think you'd be sad to hear the Call of Duty 4 sold more than Halo 3. Does that make it the FPS king now?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:

Have you forgotten how long Halo 3 has been out, and it's basically 360's "main" game, again OBVIOUSLY it's going to be.. I don't think you will EVER get that through your head.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:

I think you'd be sad to hear the Call of Duty 4 sold more than Halo 3. Does that make it the FPS king now?

if you nread my post I said Halo 3 outsold any fps on a single console. Halo m3 outsold the 360 COD4.

and since COD 4 is dropping off of LIVE in favor of WAW its clear it doesnt have staying power like Halo 3 does.

The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:

if you nread my post I said Halo 3 outsold any fps on a single console. Halo m3 outsold the 360 COD4.

and since COD 4 is dropping off of LIVE in favor of WAW its clear it doesnt have staying power like Halo 3 does.

Yet again, That does not make it "fps king".

Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:

It has more qualifications then KZ2 i assure you.

The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
outlawauron said:
The-Prophet said:
Smashed said:
The-Prophet said:
BTFeather55 said:

It has more qualifications then KZ2 i assure you.

OH NO!

It has more sales! IT GOT 3 MORE SCORE THEN KZ2 ON METACRITIC.. FPS KING FPS KING!!!

Please kid.

6 pages and counting...Prophet, you are racking up the $vg quickly!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder