By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

@CGI

Thanks, i just hope people come to their senses and start to see games for what they really are, just a medium of general entertainment and something in which to pass our free hours with fun.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@CGI

No worries there, every one forgets about it one time or another, even i did back when the PSX was being released, i was a huge fan of SEGA and Nintendo and wasn't that fond of the idea of a new console. Then, when i finally got to play Wipeout on it, i was totally blown away, and that's when i started to embrace gaming for what it is, one of my true hobbies, and something that i really love to do.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

axumblade said:
This is one of the reasons I posed the Halo Killer? Thread a while ago. People act as though the game is supposed to be a halo killer, opposing fanboys insist we've put the game that high. Why can't PS3 owners just be allowed to enjoy the game? Why is it bad for the game to have the 4th highest debut on the PS3?

they should definitely enjoy the game, and from what theyre saying it would seem that they are enjoying it but nothing wrong with a bit of a debate as whether its the best fps or not  personally in my eyes goldeneye was, is, and will probably always be the greatest fps ever the sigle player campaign is untouchable by other fps that ive played and multiplayer while maybe not having as many options as some newer fps is still just as much fun today (and waaaaayyyy more fun back in its day) and if someone wants to argue kz2 is the new king of fps because it "sold well" then i do believe halo beats it there its not bad that its the 4th highest ps3 debut

axumblade said:

Don't you check release dates? gosh. We have at least 5 more saviors before God of War has even gone gold.

sorry, i don't check release date. I get all my PS3 info from fanboy hypes on this site.

reptile168 said:
axumblade said:

Don't you check release dates? gosh. We have at least 5 more saviors before God of War has even gone gold.

sorry, i don't check release date. I get all my PS3 info from fanboy hypes on this site.

lmao... theres alot of universal truth in this post

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ reptile

You just make yourself look ridiculous when YOU claim the PS3 needs or has some upcoming "savior". Show me a PS3 fan who called any of it's games saviors, then you have a respectable discussion. Until then, you look rather foolish.

He doesn't need to show one person saying it because you all acted like it was a saviour. 

Seriously, just go to the PS3 section or gaming or sales and try to  count how many threads on Killzone 2, then click on page 2 and 3...

The amount of hype, threads and post were ridiculous.  I understand your all excited for a game but really?  That excited?

ClaudeLv250 said:
I thought it was a bit odd how people were praising the halo-killer as a "system seller" from a 13k hardware increase...but I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade.

Well, considering how every single console and handheld dropped from the previous week in the US are you implying that without Killzone 2 the PS3 would have been the only one to not decrease? I would say that is good news for the PS3.

If your not implying that then you would have to assume the Killzone 2 boost was actually more than just 13k.

Thanks to Smeags for the charts.

ConsoleLast Week
This Week
240,440 168,205
146,125 115,117
94,783 76,794
54,718 66,003
51,760 46,549

PS3: +11,285
PSP: -5,211
360: -17,989
DS: -31,008
Wii: -72,235

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Dinomax said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ reptile

You just make yourself look ridiculous when YOU claim the PS3 needs or has some upcoming "savior". Show me a PS3 fan who called any of it's games saviors, then you have a respectable discussion. Until then, you look rather foolish.

He doesn't need to show one person saying it because you all acted like it was a saviour. 

Seriously, just go to the PS3 section or gaming or sales and try to  count how many threads on Killzone 2, then click on page 2 and 3...

The amount of hype, threads and post were ridiculous.  I understand your all excited for a game but really?  That excited?

Oh so there's a limit on how excited you can get about a game without getting negatively criticized? Ridiculous.

Self delusion, mostly...

There's really no way to spin sales like that for the most expensive game ever made.

It would have to have legs like Mario Kart or Wii Fit in order to be successful, but we all know the sales patterns of PS3 games.. they tend to drop in sales really quickly.

i agree with alot of the "negative" posts as i dnt think its sales indicate everything the game was hyped up to be but other than that it may very well be a great game