By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted and Gears of War comparison

The problem with all games even today; when you get close (no need to get very close either) they look like shit without exceptions.

Around the Network

I thought some important aspect of these games was going to be compared/contrasted such as gameplay. Oh well, on the topic of graphics I've got to say that Gears 2 had a hugely improved art-direction over the original but too many muddy textures and glitches to look as good as Uncharted. I'd still rather play Gears 2 than Uncharted though.

Don't know what they have done especially with the character models, but Gears & Gears 2 look waaaaay better than those "screen"shots.

Looks like Uncharted won this round (of course it dosent mean that Gears 2 is a bad game)

Why must comparisons always been done... This one seems especially off, since it's Uncharted 1 verse GeoW 2. Agree though that the gears picks don't look nearly as good as they do in game... But damn, I just can't get enough Uncharted screenshots, they're so pretty!

Around the Network

wfz said:
I wonder why Gears looks 10 times better on my TV screen when I'm playing the game...

Because, you are not zoomed in on the pics when playing.  Plus, you MIGHT be wearing green goggles.

All behold teh CELL, not only does it make Uncharted beautiful but it also tampers with Gears screen shots

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
All behold teh CELL, not only does it make Uncharted beautiful but it also tampers with Gears screen shots

Wouldn't that be covenient for you, huh?  What did you think a 11 to 15K polygon model gets zoomed in on versus a 30K polygon model?  Plus, you KNOW the lighting wasn't tampered with, if you're seen the game being played.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
wfz said:
I wonder why Gears looks 10 times better on my TV screen when I'm playing the game...

Because, you are not zoomed in on the pics when playing.  Plus, you MIGHT be wearing green goggles.

Well no shit, who doesn't wear green goggles while playing Gears? You have to offset the incredible brown grayness with something.

On a more serious note, Serious_frusting's post made me laugh.