By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted and Gears of War comparison

1337 Gamer said:
yeah i agree these pics blow chunks. Gears is the better looking game when played in 1080p :)

From my personal experience, playing all 3 games on my Philips 42" 1080p TV through HDMI Cable, in terms of graphics only.

Gears 2>Uncharted>>>Gears

Around the Network

Whoa. Someone went out of their way to find the worst Gears of War 2 shots they could angle. The game is gorgeous.

With that said, Uncharted looks just as good, if not better. Too bad its gameplay didn't stack up to Gears (at least in my not-so-humble opinion). The controls were awkward (versus Gears' virtually seamless controls) and the zombie Nazis at the end... Well, they just sucked. Overall, good game though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
for people saying that those pictures is not from gears 2 i challenge anybody to zoom the gears 2 pictures and see if it looks different from those scrrenshots

the textures of uncharted looks better than gears 2,how this is possible?

naught dog is awesome

Do you often go out of your way to resurrect 2 month old threads that had been left to die in peace?

I don't doubt those shots are from Gears 2, what I do question is that when the game is displayed at a normal level in front of my very eyes on my TV I see no disparity between the two in terms of visual fidelity. If you game with your face 1 foot away from your TV to see any issues then that's your problem.

Also the actual author who did this analysis seems to not understand why he gets blurred ouput on his capture device occasionally. I think for anyone wanting to do serious captures and comparison they should understand the limitations of the hardware they're using. I'm willing to bet they're some sort of interlacing/deinterlacing fault produced by his input method and scaling settings on his 360. If he cannot even configure his setup to capture properly then I'm not putting much strength in the evidence he has provided. I liked the end comment quite blatantly put there in a vain effort to stop people suspecting him of being biased.

got butthurt because the "almight" gears 2 has worst textures than uncharted?

stop speculating about the material used to capture the images,like i said everybody who has the 2 games can do a quick comparison,people will believe in what they want this discussion is pointless

i only resurrects old threads to annoy fanboys

Fuuny mate at least I actually own both games and consoles so can have some valid input into the discussion unlike you.  I'm not speculating at all, he quite clearly states he had issues capturing which instantly calls his methods into question for any reasonably impartial observer.

As for your last statement it sums up how much of an idiot you are then.  I'd love to know why the mods just let trolls like you carry on acting so childish all the time.  You resurrected this thread to try and annoy people, that's being a troll.

slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
for people saying that those pictures is not from gears 2 i challenge anybody to zoom the gears 2 pictures and see if it looks different from those scrrenshots

naught dog is awesome

Do you often go out of your way to resurrect 2 month old threads that had been left to die in peace?

I don't doubt those shots are from Gears 2, what I do question is that when the game is displayed at a normal level in front of my very eyes on my TV I see no disparity between the two in terms of visual fidelity. If you game with your face 1 foot away from your TV to see any issues then that's your problem.

Also the actual author who did this analysis seems to not understand why he gets blurred ouput on his capture device occasionally. I think for anyone wanting to do serious captures and comparison they should understand the limitations of the hardware they're using. I'm willing to bet they're some sort of interlacing/deinterlacing fault produced by his input method and scaling settings on his 360. If he cannot even configure his setup to capture properly then I'm not putting much strength in the evidence he has provided. I liked the end comment quite blatantly put there in a vain effort to stop people suspecting him of being biased.

stop speculating about the material used to capture the images,like i said everybody who has the 2 games can do a quick comparison,people will believe in what they want this discussion is pointless

Fuuny mate at least I actually own both games and consoles so can have some valid input into the discussion unlike you. I'm not speculating at all, he quite clearly states he had issues capturing which instantly calls his methods into question for any reasonably impartial observer.

As for your last statement it sums up how much of an idiot you are then. I'd love to know why the mods just let trolls like you carry on acting so childish all the time. You resurrected this thread to try and annoy people, that's being a troll.

it seems you are an fanboy after all,because you are the only one who got butthurt about this thread,what a jerk

surely he didn't touch poly count, texture quality or lighting,proving that uncharted have the superior engine

i dont discuss with fanboys.

Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in.

uncharted? never played that game before but gOW rocks....

Around the Network
DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:

naught dog is awesome

Fuuny mate at least I actually own both games and consoles so can have some valid input into the discussion unlike you. I'm not speculating at all, he quite clearly states he had issues capturing which instantly calls his methods into question for any reasonably impartial observer.

As for your last statement it sums up how much of an idiot you are then. I'd love to know why the mods just let trolls like you carry on acting so childish all the time. You resurrected this thread to try and annoy people, that's being a troll.

it seems you are an fanboy after all,because you are the only one who got butthurt about this thread,what a jerk

surely he didn't touch poly count, texture quality or lighting,proving that uncharted have the superior engine

You don't discuss full stop mate, your only reposte to my posts is some poor attempt to insult me.  I'm neither butt hurt nor bothered by illetirate children, especially those with the inability to use the shift key. 

By the way rule number one of the fanboy is to accuse someone else of being one to deflect the attention from yourself.  Given you're the one spouting accusations and is feeling a little upset that he cannot argue his points I think most intelligent people will be able to see the real fanboy here.  How about another valiant reply to me using the  once again and cry about how butt hurt I am while not addressing any of the valid points I raised.

By the way was Jerk really the best insult you could come up with?  School education is really slipping these days, although I do apologise if you're in one of those special classes, it's so hard to tell from your responses.

slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:
slowmo said:
DingoEgret said:

naught dog is awesome

You don't discuss full stop mate, your only reposte to my posts is some poor attempt to insult me. I'm neither butt hurt nor bothered by illetirate children, especially those with the inability to use the shift key.

By the way rule number one of the fanboy is to accuse someone else of being one to deflect the attention from yourself. Given you're the one spouting accusations and is feeling a little upset that he cannot argue his points I think most intelligent people will be able to see the real fanboy here. How about another valiant reply to me using the once again and cry about how butt hurt I am while not addressing any of the valid points I raised.

By the way was Jerk really the best insult you could come up with? School education is really slipping these days, although I do apologise if you're in one of those special classes, it's so hard to tell from your responses.

i already gained my day

get an fanboy angry

next

Ok kid, tomorrows education, lead a more fulfilling life.  Sorry it took me a while to get back to you I've been having too much fun playing Gears 2.

My job is done for the day, another lame PS3 fanboy troll unmasked.  The funny thing is people will remember your actions when they read this thread and in future any point you raise in debate even trolling gets ignored.  I don't mind either way as I will not be reading your drivel again if you're not even civil enough to do anything but post off topic.

It's funny but reading your posts I suddenly realised why I couldn't be bothered posting on this site in the past.  It's due to a minority of PS3 fanboys that are unwilling to accept their time at the top has been and gone.  The PS3 is the worst selling console on hardware, the worst on software and in most peoples eyes cannot even surpass a console graphically that's half it's price.  Perhaps I should thank you and just disappear for a while till after E3 when the real doom mongering threads start.

fanboys are the real shame on this site,lol

it is funny how people can get angry with games

real funny

DingoEgret said:
fanboys are the real shame on this site,lol

it is funny how people can get angry with games

real funny

Indeed, denial is not just a river in Egypt.