By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

VonShigsy said:

@Elprincipe: What is your favorite game that got such a bashing?

NBA Hangtime (N64).  They also gave one of my other favorite games a 4.3 here:

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/gauntletlegends/index.html?tag=result;title;0

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

surprise surprise...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gauntlet Legends for N64 does not deserve this shit.
That game was great. Ok Gamespot now it is personal.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Gamespot is so freakin biased its not even funny. They do this to every system. But the 360 gets priased.

mM

A site gives a game 8.5 so it's biased...

Get over it, it's a great score. 8.5 fom Gamespot, 9 from 1up/EGM and 9.5 from IGN, good scores all around.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
DKII said:
IGN obviously has it right, each platform has its own dedicated team and each review is written for the owners of that platform instead of to whatever users their site happens to have. Gamespot and 1up reviews read like they're written for 360 fanboys instead of Wii owners.

It's all in your head cause you don't like the review. Apparently 1up is biased agaisnt every console now, maybe they are supporting the N Gage...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

Get over it, it's a great score. 8.5 fom Gamespot, 9 from 1up/EGM and 9.5 from IGN, good scores all around.

Nice job reading the thread before posting ck. For the 10th time, I don't have a problem with the score, it's just a very poorly written review, as was 1UP's and to a lesser extent Gamepro's.  I don't care about scores.  The actual content of the review is what I want to read, and the content of those reviews was complete shit, regardless of the good scores delivered.  If you can't even make a single coherent review about a big game then stop reviewing games.  Thei reasoning was unbelievably bad, and there were many valid reasons to dislike the review.  If you actually read the thread you would know that, but you obviously decided you were above that.

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:

Nice job reading the thread before posting ck. For the 10th time, I don't have a problem with the score, it's just a very poorly written review.

Also, ckmlb should be upset that a casual minigame compilation received a higher score than a "proper" game. Gamespot is biased against "true gamer's" games.

What exactly is a true gamer's game?

I love the sort of shock and disgust that people display towards suggestions of biases - and then justify it by saying that it's a subjective opinion. All subjective opinions are biased, ergo all reviews are biased, to a certain degree, ergo a certain site that consistantly has poor ratings for major games on a system can be seen as being systematically biased.

Capiche?

Frasman said:
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:

Nice job reading the thread before posting ck. For the 10th time, I don't have a problem with the score, it's just a very poorly written review.

Also, ckmlb should be upset that a casual minigame compilation received a higher score than a "proper" game. Gamespot is biased against "true gamer's" games.

What exactly is a true gamer's game?

You should ask this someone who love to consider games like Trauma Center like a "Non Game".

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft