By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

Kinda think of it, when I get the game I think I will play it on hard. Yes I am that skilled.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:
Bio got a 9 and MP3 got an 8.5 i don't see what the problem is, bio is by far a better game in every way. Did you guys even watch the review video, they said exactly why it got the score it did. Of course Halo3 is going to get a better score, it has online play.

Halo3 will have a replay value that is 100x better then MP3, people will play it for over 1000 hours online. MP3 cannot match that, If it had online i'm sure it would of had a score of 9.

Metroid has never been a multiplayer game and multiplayer on a Metroid game is actualy something bad for the fanbase of Metroid. If a metroid game gets a minus for multiplayer the reviewer isn't a fan of metroid.

@thread

The review actualy sounds good if you read it, they are complaining about to good controlls (which sounds a little bit strange and multiplayer but otherwise it sounds like a good title.

Actually Metroid made a multiplayer debut on the DS called Hunters and it got great reviews. Metroid is the game that already has an established fanbase. It would make sense that if Nintendo wanted to enter the FPS multiplayer arena then Metroid would be the game to take them there. Not only that but it would add to the longevity of the game and increase sales.

Also has anyone out there picked up the game yet? The Futureshop I called said it won't be in until Wednesday.

Hunters was a horrible Metroid game, was criticized by nearly every major reviewer because of it, and hated by Metroid fans.  Hunters was a great handheld shooter, but had nothing to do with the Metroid series.  They completely destroyed the style of game (massive exploration and puzzle solving) in order to make it into an FPS.  I have been playing Prime 3 for a few hours now and thank god that's not what they did with this game.  It's a bit combat heavy in the beginning but it manages to strike a great balance after that, and again, it would have sucked with multiplayer.  

naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:
Bio got a 9 and MP3 got an 8.5 i don't see what the problem is, bio is by far a better game in every way. Did you guys even watch the review video, they said exactly why it got the score it did. Of course Halo3 is going to get a better score, it has online play.

Halo3 will have a replay value that is 100x better then MP3, people will play it for over 1000 hours online. MP3 cannot match that, If it had online i'm sure it would of had a score of 9.

Metroid has never been a multiplayer game and multiplayer on a Metroid game is actualy something bad for the fanbase of Metroid. If a metroid game gets a minus for multiplayer the reviewer isn't a fan of metroid.

@thread

The review actualy sounds good if you read it, they are complaining about to good controlls (which sounds a little bit strange and multiplayer but otherwise it sounds like a good title.

Actually Metroid made a multiplayer debut on the DS called Hunters and it got great reviews. Metroid is the game that already has an established fanbase. It would make sense that if Nintendo wanted to enter the FPS multiplayer arena then Metroid would be the game to take them there. Not only that but it would add to the longevity of the game and increase sales.

Also has anyone out there picked up the game yet? The Futureshop I called said it won't be in until Wednesday.

Hunters was a horrible Metroid game, was criticized by nearly every major reviewer because of it, and hated by Metroid fans.  Hunters was a great handheld shooter, but had nothing to do with the Metroid series.  They completely destroyed the style of game (massive exploration and puzzle solving) in order to make it into an FPS.  I have been playing Prime 3 for a few hours now and thank god that's not what they did with this game.  It's a bit combat heavy in the beginning but it manages to strike a great balance after that, and again, it would have sucked with multiplayer.  

Sorry but I how can you say that every major reviewer was critical of the game. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920760.asp

This game scored just fine. The reason that it didn't do well on the DS may have more to do with it coming out early in the DS's lifetime and that FPS are more successful on home consoles. I am not saying the game was great but by the critics reviews it scored lots of 9's.

And if you look Hunters is ranked 13th as we speak all time on the DS. And the DS has a lot of games.

Astrodust said:
naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:

@thread

Hunters was a horrible Metroid game, was criticized by nearly every major reviewer because of it, and hated by Metroid fans. Hunters was a great handheld shooter, but had nothing to do with the Metroid series. They completely destroyed the style of game (massive exploration and puzzle solving) in order to make it into an FPS. I have been playing Prime 3 for a few hours now and thank god that's not what they did with this game. It's a bit combat heavy in the beginning but it manages to strike a great balance after that, and again, it would have sucked with multiplayer.

Sorry but I how can you say that every major reviewer was critical of the game. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920760.asp

This game scored just fine. The reason that it didn't do well on the DS may have more to do with it coming out early in the DS's lifetime and that FPS are more successful on home consoles. I am not saying the game was great but by the critics reviews it scored lots of 9's.

That's your problem... you have to READ reviews, not scores.  Most reviewers point out that it's a fun game in its own right, but not a good Metroid.  the ones that don't were put off by the Metroid style in the first place.  Either way, the game is a good shooter, and a bad Metroid.  I recommend you check out the gametrailers review of it to see what I mean.  It was an FPS, not an FPA, and that's why it sold badly and wasn't reviewed anywhere near the levels of the other Prime games.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
MP3 is getting good reviews ,its obviously a good game .But most mags tend to grace it with a 8.5 (Game Pro ,Game Spot ) to 9 (Game Spy ) ....the only review thats not in the line of the others is the 9.5 by IGN .

IGN is for sure giving the Wii games very good scores .They obviously like the machine .

ya you just forget one thing

only gamespot gamespy IGN matters.

btw, wait for HS/lair scores, then i'll come back to that specific thread to say the exact same thing 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:

@thread

Hunters was a horrible Metroid game, was criticized by nearly every major reviewer because of it, and hated by Metroid fans. Hunters was a great handheld shooter, but had nothing to do with the Metroid series. They completely destroyed the style of game (massive exploration and puzzle solving) in order to make it into an FPS. I have been playing Prime 3 for a few hours now and thank god that's not what they did with this game. It's a bit combat heavy in the beginning but it manages to strike a great balance after that, and again, it would have sucked with multiplayer.

That's your problem... you have to READ reviews, not scores.  Most reviewers point out that it's a fun game in its own right, but not a good Metroid.  the ones that don't were put off by the Metroid style in the first place.  Either way, the game is a good shooter, and a bad Metroid.  I recommend you check out the gametrailers review of it to see what I mean.  It was an FPS, not an FPA, and that's why it sold badly and wasn't reviewed anywhere near the levels of the other Prime games.

Every good review will criticize a game. It's what good reviews do. It doesn't make it a horrible game(your oppinion) so stop trying to force your oppinion on other people when it doesn't even come close to reflecting what the game scored overall. 13th ALL TIME on the DS. Franchises sometimes branch off and form other games. Mario can become Mario Strikers ect. People are arguing that Metroid has never made an appearance as a multiplayer game and I am saying it is untrue. People are saying the Hunters scored poorly with critics and this is also untrue.

The thing is multiplayer would add to the Metroid series, not detract from it (my oppinion). Does the multiplayer aspect take away from games like Gears of War or Halo? No it doesn't. It's nice to have something to keep you playing when you've beaten the game 10 times.

Astrodust said:
naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
naznatips said:
Astrodust said:
robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:

@thread

That's your problem... you have to READ reviews, not scores. Most reviewers point out that it's a fun game in its own right, but not a good Metroid. the ones that don't were put off by the Metroid style in the first place. Either way, the game is a good shooter, and a bad Metroid. I recommend you check out the gametrailers review of it to see what I mean. It was an FPS, not an FPA, and that's why it sold badly and wasn't reviewed anywhere near the levels of the other Prime games.

Every good review will criticize a game. It's what good reviews do. It doesn't make it a horrible game(your oppinion) so stop trying to force your oppinion on other people when it doesn't even come close to reflecting what the game scored overall. 13th ALL TIME on the DS. Franchises sometimes branch off and form other games. Mario can become Mario Strikers ect. People are arguing that Metroid has never made an appearance as a multiplayer game and I am saying it is untrue. People are saying the Hunters scored poorly with critics and this is also untrue.

The thing is multiplayer would add to the Metroid series, not detract from it (my oppinion). Does the multiplayer aspect take away from games like Gears of War or Halo? No it doesn't. It's nice to have something to keep you playing when you've beaten the game 10 times.

You're missing the point.  He didn't say it was a horrible game, he said it was a horrible Metroid game, which is an entirely different thing to say.  This is also clear from reading the rest of his post ... did you? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

shams said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
your an idiot naznatips because...... you still dont understand that im the greatest /flex lol j/k

o btw i mentioned this a wihle back and you said that when they post later and lower that they really just dont like the game, its not for popularity. It seems we can agree that it does have an influence. BTW i agree with everything you said

C'mon guys. Stay civil please. Same applies to windbane. Agree with naznatips, no need to call anyone an idiot.

Lol it why i added the JK in there, of course no ones an idiot they have the right to an opinion

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Final-Fan said:
Astrodust said:
naznatips said:

That's your problem... you have to READ reviews, not scores. Most reviewers point out that it's a fun game in its own right, but not a good Metroid. the ones that don't were put off by the Metroid style in the first place. Either way, the game is a good shooter, and a bad Metroid. I recommend you check out the gametrailers review of it to see what I mean. It was an FPS, not an FPA, and that's why it sold badly and wasn't reviewed anywhere near the levels of the other Prime games.

Every good review will criticize a game. It's what good reviews do. It doesn't make it a horrible game(your oppinion) so stop trying to force your oppinion on other people when it doesn't even come close to reflecting what the game scored overall. 13th ALL TIME on the DS. Franchises sometimes branch off and form other games. Mario can become Mario Strikers ect. People are arguing that Metroid has never made an appearance as a multiplayer game and I am saying it is untrue. People are saying the Hunters scored poorly with critics and this is also untrue.

You're missing the point. He didn't say it was a horrible game, he said it was a horrible Metroid game, which is an entirely different thing to say. This is also clear from reading the rest of his post ... did you?

Exactly... I'm glad someone got that.  It's not even really debatable that the game fails to deliver on the Metroid style of gameplay (i.e. exploration, puzzle solving, and massive amounts of upgrades).  I don't think it's a bad game, I just don't see any purpose in comparing it or using it as an example for why Metroid should have multiplayer, when it failed to act as a Metroid game in order to add said multiplayer.  Thankfully, MP3 stays true to the adventure style, and didn't try to become Halo.