By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

shams said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
your an idiot naznatips because...... you still dont understand that im the greatest /flex lol j/k

o btw i mentioned this a wihle back and you said that when they post later and lower that they really just dont like the game, its not for popularity. It seems we can agree that it does have an influence. BTW i agree with everything you said

C'mon guys. Stay civil please. Same applies to windbane. Agree with naznatips, no need to call anyone an idiot.

No need for every Wii fans to constantly attack review sources.

Around the Network

All I can say about the 1up review is that is was such a poorly constructed review, I deleted my bookmark and I'm never checking that site again.

Seriously if you can't take 20 minutes to reread your work and make sure it answers simple questions, follows a basic outline, and doesn't contradict itself, you shouldn't be writing anything, especially on a popular internet site.

Also, it's not always the fault of reviewers, editors are also to blame for reviews that suck.

*sigh*

I've disagreed with a lot of 1up reviews in recent years, and I've never liked GameSpot - Really, mostly because their website is so godawfully ugly I never finish reading any of their articles. So I might agree with them in general. Who knows?

When I read print mags about gaming 5-10 years ago, GamePro was bottom of the barrel, with rather shallow reviews. But that was 5-10 years ago. I also never trusted Nintendo Power.

*misses GameFan*

That there was a mag you could trust.

Man that 1up review was pretty bad despite the score. Obviously written by someone who never plays Wii games and never wants to.

IGN obviously has it right, each platform has its own dedicated team and each review is written for the owners of that platform instead of to whatever users their site happens to have. Gamespot and 1up reviews read like they're written for 360 fanboys instead of Wii owners.

Basically when you read a game review on a site, your reading his/her opinion. There's no sence in blowing it up into some half baked conspiracy. "Gamespot hates Wii", "1up hates wii", "Nintendo power hates Wii"ect....

If you read someone posting mindless trash on a web board, you ignore it. The same should apply when you disagree with ones opinion on a review.

Around the Network

@konnichiwa

Are you going to try Metroid Prime 3. I read your post about nitendo focusing more on the casuals but I was wondering if you were going to play this more core nintendo game?

This is all thanks to the consolewar in some matter. If there weren't any console-specific fans, they could just rate the game normally because it wouldn't get them any more traffic bombing it.

1up's review is the biggest bull crap I've read about the game so far. If you wouldn't check the score, you would come to the conclusion MP3 was a 7-range game. Badly written.

I'll just wait for [N]Gamer(the Dutch one, not the British one), my favorite source in the world; ) to write their review. Or even better, I'll wait for Holland's biggest game mag, Power Unlimited, to write their review, because it is going to be reviewed by the excellent game reviewer Jurjen Tiersma(^_^) (who even wrote the Dutch translation of the original Prime's manual for pete's sake)
Sometimes I love my country's game press ;)

@Frasman

hahaha@ Nintendo Power hates Wii

But everything else aside, there was a decent contingent of people saying that Gamespot would rate Metroid Prime 3 lower than most/any of the other sources, based on the previous scores they gave Wii games... and they did. That gamespot has an anti-Wii bias not a crackpot theory or a tirade. It's got a good deal of backup.

Well, i played the game and... i loved it. I absolutely hated MP1 and MP2 (because of the controls) and i can't stop playing MP3... It's nearly perfect from every aspect, very good graphics, the controls are beyond anything i could imagine, and the only thing i don't like is the sound, in some cutscenes the music is just... boring.

GranTurismo said:
Bio got a 9 and MP3 got an 8.5 i don't see what the problem is, bio is by far a better game in every way. Did you guys even watch the review video, they said exactly why it got the score it did. Of course Halo3 is going to get a better score, it has online play.

Halo3 will have a replay value that is 100x better then MP3, people will play it for over 1000 hours online. MP3 cannot match that, If it had online i'm sure it would of had a score of 9.

Metroid has never been a multiplayer game and multiplayer on a Metroid game is actualy something bad for the fanbase of Metroid. If a metroid game gets a minus for multiplayer the reviewer isn't a fan of metroid.

@thread

The review actualy sounds good if you read it, they are complaining about to good controlls (which sounds a little bit strange and multiplayer but otherwise it sounds like a good title. 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!