By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

MP3 is getting good reviews ,its obviously a good game .But most mags tend to grace it with a 8.5 (Game Pro ,Game Spot ) to 9 (Game Spy ) ....the only review thats not in the line of the others is the 9.5 by IGN .

IGN is for sure giving the Wii games very good scores .They obviously like the machine .

Around the Network

I've been playing the game since yesterday and it's awesome. IGN was right -- it doesn't have the dual-stick control problems the Halo/Gears FPS shooters do. It's really, really good and by far the best console FPS controls I've ever played with.

.the only review thats not in the line of the others is the 9.5 by IGN

9.6 at Gametrailers. 

DKII said:
Man that 1up review was pretty bad despite the score. Obviously written by someone who never plays Wii games and never wants to.

IGN obviously has it right, each platform has its own dedicated team and each review is written for the owners of that platform instead of to whatever users their site happens to have. Gamespot and 1up reviews read like they're written for 360 fanboys instead of Wii owners.

Well I dont usually like 1Up reviews but I can tell you IGN does about the same as the others ,only in a way you like more .Their reviews are like their were written to Wii360 fanboys more than anything .The PS3 scores are always lower than in the other mags ,when other mags dont even mention any differences between the 360-PS3 versions of a game the IGn reviewer has always to come up with some imaginary framerate issue he just  encountered (surreal their reviews of The Darkness for example ) .In the other hand the Wii graphics are given more puntuation than some PS3 games even if most of the other mags say they are closer to the PS3 version (Madden for example ).That without even speaking about the difference between the Ds and PSP reviews where a game in the PSP with great graphics as Tomb Raider Annyversary or GRAW2 receives between a 6 or a 7 because " it falls short to the other versions " but far inferior versions of the games on the Ds receive a respectable score that only screams foul when compared to the PSP one .I respect IGn reviews ,but they dont review as if they were writting for fans of the machine but for the average (and critic ) average consumer ....at least with some plattforms .

@Diomedes:
In attempt to verify your claim, I went through the top 10 recent PS3 titles on gamerankings and compared the IGN score to the overall one - only two were lower, and one of those was by less than one percent. Several were rated 5-6% higher than average by IGN.

Your claim is debunked.

Though, to be fair, the only titles that Gamespot has rated significantly below the curve on the Wii are the two big ones (MP3 and Z:TP) - which just furthers the point that they're an inconsistant site in terms of how high they rate things (see the whole Metroid Prime: Hunters thing).

Around the Network

Anybody who doesn't think that gamespot is an utter joke needs to see this, and if you haven't already play this game. 9.1 indeed.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/rayman2revolution/index.html?tag=result;title;9 

choirsoftheeye said:
@Diomedes:
In attempt to verify your claim, I went through the top 10 recent PS3 titles on gamerankings and compared the IGN score to the overall one - only two were lower, and one of those was by less than one percent. Several were rated 5-6% higher than average by IGN.

Your claim is debunked.

IGN is pretty much over the avarage for all consols...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

The whining in this thread is pretty pathetic.

It's just a review by one guy. How so many of you are angry about it baffles me.

If you like the game, good for you. Go play the damned thing.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

robjoh said:
GranTurismo said:
Bio got a 9 and MP3 got an 8.5 i don't see what the problem is, bio is by far a better game in every way. Did you guys even watch the review video, they said exactly why it got the score it did. Of course Halo3 is going to get a better score, it has online play.

Halo3 will have a replay value that is 100x better then MP3, people will play it for over 1000 hours online. MP3 cannot match that, If it had online i'm sure it would of had a score of 9.

Metroid has never been a multiplayer game and multiplayer on a Metroid game is actualy something bad for the fanbase of Metroid. If a metroid game gets a minus for multiplayer the reviewer isn't a fan of metroid.

@thread

The review actualy sounds good if you read it, they are complaining about to good controlls (which sounds a little bit strange and multiplayer but otherwise it sounds like a good title. 

Actually Metroid made a multiplayer debut on the DS called Hunters and it got great reviews. Metroid is the game that already has an established fanbase. It would make sense that if Nintendo wanted to enter the FPS multiplayer arena then Metroid would be the game to take them there. Not only that but it would add to the longevity of the game and increase sales.

Also has anyone out there picked up the game yet? The Futureshop I called said it won't be in until Wednesday.

I agree that complaining about good controls is pretty dumb. Just play the game on hard then.