By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat Super Metroid for the first time... wow...

Congrats Rubang! I'm glad you made it rhough.

Now here's your next challenge...find the remaining 30%. Did you save in Tourian....if you did, you can't get back out. So you'll just have to start over. And then after you've collected 100%, try to beat the game in under two hours. Speed Runs are the soul of Super Metroid. And there are many ways to break the sequence of the game...here's an easy one: learn the wall jump and you don't have to get the jump boots until after you beat Kraid.

Congrats again....and thanks for the special mention.

Around the Network

One of the top 3 games on SNES.

I still remember scrounging up enough money selling old NES games to buy the game when it came out. Having played the original on NES beforehand, I was freaking out during the nostalgic parts, and the mother brain fight.

Yes, Metroid is delicious. I cleared it for the first time about a year ago and had a similar clear time and item collection. I'm currently stoked for the definitive version of Metroid Prime to come out.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

dont forget to play Zero Mission if you havent played it already, completly awsome game.

Take the orinigal Metroid, throw some Super Metroid flavor into it (along with the suitless samus finale) make for one great experiance. I rate it second in the Metroid series of games

So many people who have beaten Super Metroid for the first time only in the last few years!?! Didn't you guys own a SNES? If the answer is yes, then shame on you for not buying Super Metroid back then.

@Rubang: 70% is pretty standard for someone who played the game in a straight forward manner without going out of it's way to find hidden stuff.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
So many people who have beaten Super Metroid for the first time only in the last few years!?! Didn't you guys own a SNES? If the answer is yes, then shame on you for not buying Super Metroid back then.

Everybody know that 6 year old kids buy their own expensive consoles and games.

Stephlereff said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No but they can annoy the hell out of their parents to get what they want though!

Signature goes here!

Did you do the most important thing in the game?

Did you save the little green aliens that showed you how to wall jump?

If not then you aren't hardcore

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

TruckOSaurus said:
Stephlereff said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No but they can annoy the hell out of their parents to get what they want though!

Not a good idea when you have over 200 SNES games...lol

Anyway if it's not Metroid it will be something else,even with that many SNES games i never had Earthbound or Secret of Mana either.

The only thing i begged for was Zelda,Mario,Donkey Kong and the Final Fantasys.

Naum said:
Did you do the most important thing in the game?

Did you save the little green aliens that showed you how to wall jump?

If not then you aren't hardcore

Save them? The little bastards were laughing at me while I pathetically tried to wall jump.

Seriously, I figured those little vermin could take care of themselves while I smashed my face into the wall repeatedly trying to find the magic technique.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.