By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When will GOW 2 surpass GOW 1?

GOW 2 : 4.58 mill

GOW 1 : 5.86 mill

With a 1.28 mill lead GOW 1 has over GOW 2 , do you think it will surpass it ? and if so when?

EDIT: DONT NOT UNDER ANY SITUATION MENTION GOD OF WAR IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

I take it this is Gears of War... Not God of War.
Anyway... by the end of this year definately

I don't know. God of War 2's been out a while now. It might not pass the first. Maybe it will get a boost with God of War 3 releasing?

Oh, you mean that other GOW game. Well, seeing as how the first is overtracked, it's probably sooner then you think. :P

PS3 Trophies

I honestly doubt Gow1 is overtracked, months ago I read an interview on CNN.com with that Cliffy B guy and he said the game sold 5.5 million copies....

Anyways on topic I can't say I know, I mean the first game is still selling very well, GoW2 will slowly catch up but that will take a while.

I thought Gears got abbreviated to GeoW

Around the Network

Doesnt the bigger franchise get the shorter abreviation?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jpain333 said:
I honestly doubt Gow1 is overtracked, months ago I read an interview on CNN.com with that Cliffy B guy and he said the game sold 5.5 million copies....

Anyways on topic I can't say I know, I mean the first game is still selling very well, GoW2 will slowly catch up but that will take a while.

Epic made a comment a while back saying the game sold "about 5 million" and I quote and this was at a time that we had sales at 5.5 million.

A. There is no way they could know how much they sold to customers so this is no doubt sold to retailers as is always given to us by companys. This is why Konami said MGS4 sold 4.5 million months ago and it's only at 3.88 million sold on this site.

B. If you know anything about PR they try to "inflate" figures with their words as much as they can. If they had sold more then five million then they would gladly tell us. They wouldn't say about 5 million. Also in order to have 5.5 million sold to customers, they would have had to sell a good bit more to retailers unless their just weren't any sitting on shelves.

C. You do the math.

PS3 Trophies

jesus kung fu magic said:

yeh thats why God of War is GOW and Gears of war is GeOW.

No because that is extremely changeable. You want abbreviations to stay constant

God of War was released first, therefore it is abbreviated first.

jesus kung fu magic said:

No. It's what came first. God of War was abreviated to GOW way before GeOW even came out.

PS3 Trophies