By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When will GOW 2 surpass GOW 1?

jesus kung fu magic said

EDIT: DONT NOT UNDER ANY SITUATION MENTION GOD OF WAR IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

Did you entend for this to be a double negative? Because as is you are telling everyone in the thread TO menton GOW.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

its going to pass before the end of the year(and i always refered to it as gow btw)

Solid_Raiden said:
jesus kung fu magic said

EDIT: DONT NOT UNDER ANY SITUATION MENTION GOD OF WAR IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

Did you entend for this to be a double negative? Because as is you are telling everyone in the thread TO menton GOW.

No just do as it says.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jpain333 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
I honestly doubt Gow1 is overtracked, months ago I read an interview on CNN.com with that Cliffy B guy and he said the game sold 5.5 million copies....

Anyways on topic I can't say I know, I mean the first game is still selling very well, GoW2 will slowly catch up but that will take a while.

Epic made a comment a while back saying the game sold "about 5 million" and I quote and this was at a time that we had sales at 5.5 million.

A. There is no way they could know how much they sold to customers so this is no doubt sold to retailers as is always given to us by companys. This is why Konami said MGS4 sold 4.5 million months ago and it's only at 3.88 million sold on this site.

B. If you know anything about PR they try to "inflate" figures with their words as much as they can. If they had sold more then five million then they would gladly tell us. They wouldn't say about 5 million. Also in order to have 5.5 million sold to customers, they would have had to sell a good bit more to retailers unless their just weren't any sitting on shelves.

C. You do the math.

well....thank you for going through all the effort about something that wasn't a big deal to me. I already told you where I got the 5.5 million quote from, not gonna waste my time looking for the link. I'm sure they know more about there sales than either of us.....

all I know is that the game is around the 5 million range...I don't need you to give me the obvious facts about how they could be wrong or whatever....

Well this is a message board. If your not here to discuss, then why are you here?

Again, even if they recently said that sales of the game were 5.5 million they would have to be sold to retailer. There is NO way for them to know how many customers bought. See above example with MGS4. Hell, go to the MGS4 page and look at the comments where people like you who don't know how things work in this world are constantly told that companies only know sold to retailer and not to customers.

Also, it obviously meant enough for you to make a reply to my comment. :P

Still ranting eh?

Look, I don't know maybe the MGS4 numbers hurt your feelings or something because their not as high as you'd like them to be. Why are you asking me why i'm here? I didnt ask you to discuss nothing with me, you just tried to prove a point I already knew...mind you the 5.5 million artical was months back, before the holiday sales even began. But if you feel you know the numbers better than them then thats fine....they can adjust it down for all I care.

I'll be heading to bed, exam tomorrow. If you want the last words go ahead. lol.....

lol. Your the one who responded to MY comment first. If you didn't want me to rebuttle then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Also, I never claimed I know more about sales then anyone. i just know that 5 million sold to retailers can't = 5.5 million sold to customers. But if you think that adds up then I hope your exams tommorrow don't enclude math. Either way, good luck on your tests. Hope you do well! :)

PS3 Trophies

scottie said:
I thought Gears got abbreviated to GeoW

Nope, its GOW.

This other game is called GooW because its smaller and less epic than the other series.

Reason:

Do you think Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat with the abreviation MK?

Mortal Kombat came first, but no-one uses that.

Tease.

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH 

MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO

*Sits on hand*

*Farts*

Seriously what does this have to do with the thread?

Everything. Depending on if the original game really is overtracked then it could be the difference between GeOW 2 beating it in x months or y.

This isnt a phoenix wright trial , your not going to change anything because as far as the J man is conserned GOW 1 sold around 5.86 mill.

Just answer within the context of the op.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Solid_Raiden said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
jpain333 said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH 

MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO

*Sits on hand*

*Farts*

Seriously what does this have to do with the thread?

Everything. Depending on if the original game really is overtracked then it could be the difference between GeOW 2 beating it in x months or y.

This isnt a phoenix wright trial , your not going to change anything because as far as the J man is conserned GOW 1 sold around 5.86 mill.

Just answer within the context of the op.

Well, according to those numbers I would guess that GeOW 2 will outsell GeOW by the end of the year.

PS3 Trophies

deathgod33 said:

Doesnt the bigger franchise get the shorter abreviation?

yeh thats why God of War is GOW and Gears of war is GeOW.

I lolled. Anyway, its kind of surprising that so many people get offended by two games having the same acronym.

HO UZ DIDNTZ MEANS TEH GODS OF WARZ? LOLWUT DEN WUTS GOW?!??!?

Hahaha. Yeah it was funny back in '06 when Gears was first released, now you just sound stupid.

OT: Couldn't tell ya. I'd say 1 month?Maybe more.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I'm going to guess September.

Just a feeling.

This thread has nothing to do with god of war. Stop making the thread about a sony game when its clearly not.

Thats just being pedantic, give it a break.

OT, at some point this year, probably during the christmas holidays at the latest.