By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Weird Bowser Guy in Mario Kart - Snaking?

KylieDog said:
Baddman said:
soo i assume those guys who get knocked off the edges in rainbow road and the likes but somehow land in front of me are cheating also? i can't tell you how many times that has happened to me >_<

That could just be a little bad sync, like on you screen you see them drive off the edge, but on there own screen/server they stayed on track entire time.  When you resync withthe server it just appears like they have suddenly land in front of you.

Yes that's just a lag problem..... when you see things like that happening it means the server is not keeping everyone up to speed and in sync.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
KylieDog said:
Baddman said:
soo i assume those guys who get knocked off the edges in rainbow road and the likes but somehow land in front of me are cheating also? i can't tell you how many times that has happened to me >_<

That could just be a little bad sync, like on you screen you see them drive off the edge, but on there own screen/server they stayed on track entire time.  When you resync withthe server it just appears like they have suddenly land in front of you.

Yes that's just a lag problem..... when you see things like that happening it means the server is not keeping everyone up to speed and in sync.

That must be fairly uncommon right? It'd make green shells almost impossible to use, and extremely hinder other items.

*Has not played MKWii online ever*

wfz said:
TWRoO said:
KylieDog said:
Baddman said:

That must be fairly uncommon right? It'd make green shells almost impossible to use, and extremely hinder other items.

lets just say it happens not uncommonly

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

wfz said:
TWRoO said:
KylieDog said:
Baddman said:

It's not common.... On occasion with the league you do see red shells ignoring the player who was in front of you and just going round the centre of the track. Although I believe another thing thatcan cause this is if the player in front of you jumps as you fire it... I swear red shells aim for the next person ON the track rather than the person in front of you.

For the most part if there is a little lag it makes little difference, a lot of lag is quite rare and is mostly annoying because you don't quite know what position you are in rather than affecting the items.

I did once however fire a red shell, only for it to just stop in front of me so I drove into it.... I suspect the lag then meant that the person who seemed to be behind me was actually in front.

It sounds like he was using the infinite mushroom hack. Some people aren't that obvious when they hack. They're more sneaky. They'll stay in the middle of the pack and just happen to get the right item at the right time always. These are the type of people that get a starman in first and put it on as soon as they enter the tunnel on the one Mario Circuit thinking that no one is close enough to see them doing it. These are also the type of people that always brag about how good they are at the game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
nordlead said:
I think it was benga who got banned in Europe once because his connection kept dropping out. Apparently, if you disconnect and reconnect really fast, it makes your kart go faster.

It could be possible that he was either cheating, or doing that unintentionally.

lol, I'm not banned on MKWii and I absolutely detest cheaters. So no, that wasn't me. Is the European League still going on?  

BengaBenga said:
nordlead said:
I think it was benga who got banned in Europe once because his connection kept dropping out. Apparently, if you disconnect and reconnect really fast, it makes your kart go faster.

It could be possible that he was either cheating, or doing that unintentionally.

lol, I'm not banned on MKWii and I absolutely detest cheaters. So no, that wasn't me. Is the European League still going on?  

Yes it is but turn out is usually very very very very very low.  Why did all of you abandon it?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
BengaBenga said:
nordlead said:

Yes it is but turn out is usually very very very very very low.  Why did all of you abandon it?

Well, for me: once I completed a game and it leaves my system it won't easily get back in, because I have a huge backlog. So I basically have 3 games I play "simultaniously" (360, Wii, DS) and once I finished one I usually don't return to it. Which is a shame in case of Mario Kart, because I had tons of fun with this game.  

@tuoyo: I've been quite busy with all kinds of stuff lately, so when I play Mario Kart Wii it's at random times. I'll try to join you next week though.

Team Fortress 2 has also been taking up a lot of my gaming time.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

amp316 said:
It sounds like he was using the infinite mushroom hack. Some people aren't that obvious when they hack. They're more sneaky. They'll stay in the middle of the pack and just happen to get the right item at the right time always. These are the type of people that get a starman in first and put it on as soon as they enter the tunnel on the one Mario Circuit thinking that no one is close enough to see them doing it. These are also the type of people that always brag about how good they are at the game.

Lol. Sounds very descripitive.  I'm guessing you have someone in mind. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down