By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Weird Bowser Guy in Mario Kart - Snaking?

Okay I played against a guy using Bowser today and it was pretty weird.  He was using a car and was all over me constantly.  He would be right behind me, I drop an item, he hits it and in no time at all he is all over me again.  No way could he accelerate that quickly and it wasn't like I was making mistakes and giving him the chance to catch up.  And boy is Bowser scary when he is closing in on you and making so much noise. 

Could he be snaking?  I ask cause apart from how fast he was always catching up to me I noticed in Delfino square he seemed to be all over the track kind of how the snakers are in Mario Kart DS.  And his characted was constantly roaring and scaring me.  But unless you use an item or overtake or get a speed boost I don't think your character makes any noise.  In most of the races we played we were way ahead of everyone else and I know he didn't use any item at the time.  So that leaves getting speed boosts as the reason Bowser was constantly making noises.  Would also explain why he was catching up so quickly.  So does that mean snaking is possible?  I thought it wasn't.

Anyway he got disconnected after we had raced 6 times (I won 4 he won 2) and lost over 200 points.  I know it's evil but that made me

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

He was probably cheating...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

How could he be cheating? Like a hack which gives him mushrooms or something?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

It's pretty easy to cheat.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

RolStoppable said:
tuoyo said:
How could he be cheating? Like a hack which gives him mushrooms or something?

Exactly. If there are infinite blue shell hacks, it should also be possible for mushrooms.

I guess that must be it.  He did a good job of hiding it though.  I knew something was fishy the way he could catch up so quickly.  But wasn't too sure because he never actually got away from me.  Considering how quickly he was catching up I would have expected he would just leave me miles behind but that never happened.  In fact I beat him more times than he beat me.  Yes I know I am the best in the game on VGChartz but even I couldn't keep up with someone with infinite mushrooms.  I guess he was trying to make it to 9999 without attracting too much attention and being too obvious so did not use his mushrooms when he was in sight.

Around the Network

I had a similar thing today, was racing against these 2 guys named Bully#1 and Bully #2 and they spent the first 2 laps of every race just messing with people and then on the last lap one of them would just shoot off into the distance and win the race.

They were able to accelerate faster and go faster than i've seen anyone do, from stationary to higher than my top speed almost instantly.

So how do people actually cheat?

ok can somebody explain snaking to me

Once a guy was constantly hitting me with blue shells or invincibility (don't remember which). When I say constantly I do mean literally constantly, I couldn't even start moving before the next one came. Then after a while everyone got disconnected from the game I think.

So yes, there are some weird cheaters out there. Fortunately it only happened once to me.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

well I've seen some guy almost fly one time, meaning he constantly boosted into ramps or anything with an angle and flew.

thanks^^,and i want to know wats the point of cheating.i mean i play games to have fun if u cheat and win everytime then wat is the point i like to lose every once in a while and most of the time refuse to play with people that play only to win