By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GAMESTOP KILLZONE 2 PRE-ORDERS ARE RISING Midnight Launch Is A Go!!

I haven't pre-orderd mine, I hope I'll be able to get one on wednesday! If I don't ... well ... I'll be disgusted lol

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

If K2 hits 1 million first week I'll be amazed, and it definitely has a shot at it.

Sony stated EU has 1.1 million preorders so if everyone picks their copy up it has a good chance of being close to 2m.

SickleSigh said:
Gilgamesh said:

If K2 hits 1 million first week I'll be amazed, and it definitely has a shot at it.

Sony stated EU has 1.1 million preorders so if everyone picks their copy up it has a good chance of being close to 2m.

That would be sick!

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

My Gamestop is having one.

So,i'll probably be there.

my gamestop is not having one im a little upset but ill just have to wait a few extra hours

Around the Network

I have a question about midnight openings -- what does it do for the store?

I know what it does for the gamer -- it gets them the title earlier. But does it buy enough good will to make it pay for the actual costs (labor, utility, etc.)?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

CGI-Quality said:
@ Mirson

And your point is......?

That Halo is indirectly a more popular and therefore 'better' game.  The oh so 'subtle' dig.  I do enjoy them.

CGI-Quality said:
@ mike

What it does is ready the franchise for frontloaded sales, AND the potential for sequels to sell even more, think WoW, Gears 2, or Halo 3! Look at how frontloaded they ALL were, and you can bet your spleen that they'll ALL have midnght openings for their next iterations. In this case, it helps KZ2 make nicer sales, IMO, and probably assure KZ3 Midnight Launchs.

But if it going to sell the same number of games that first day/week -- through advanced sales -- why should the store open up at midnight, have to spend money on labor (or reallocate it) and utilities just to make customers who have already agreed to buy the game happy?

Of course, if there was not a midnight opening and a 24-hour store had the game that I really wanted, I might go there instead. So I may have just answered my own question.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

i dunno, i still dont think itll reach one million first week. Im revising my estimate up from 500k to 520 k though lol

Euphoria14 said:
papflesje said:
@ euphoria: how many days do titles usually have in the US? I actually thought it released earlier than usual in Europe, no?

Games usually release on Tuesday in the US. Killzone 2 for some reason is releasing on a Friday. So it is losing 3 days worth of sales.

Just another example of Sony screwing over NA on game releases. 

Since Killzone 2 is very much a product or Europe, I think that Sony is delaying the NA release.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.