By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan - Star Ocean IV, Idolmaster SP, Shining Force DS

erikers said:
BengaBenga said:
Didn't Infinite Undiscovery and LAst Remnant have 1st day sales around 90k?

I expected a little bit more from SO4. Still very good, 1st week of about 180k probably. Unless it drops of dramatically it will become the best sold 360 RPG in Japan so far.

Here's a list of first day sales for 360 games from neogaf. So neither IU or LR did over 80k first day. So this game nearly doubled some of the biggest debuts it's had so far.

Devil May Cry 4 28k
The Idol Master 28k
NINJA GAIDEN 2」21k
Gundam OPERESHONTOROI 20k
Soul Calibur IV 35k
Tales of VESPERIA 71k
Infinite Undiscovery 72k
GTAIV 27k
The Last Remnant 79k
SO4 131k

Oh, I must be mistaking with first week sales. Pretty good then. It's the same opening as WKC.

Around the Network

I bought SO 4 at a local shop and got the last copy. And that was after hitting up two shops prior where it was sold out. The reason Xbox games dont sell high at first is because they are not in proper demand. For this reason even popular titles have limited stock, and sell out quickly. At least in the beginning. The sales continue on over the next few weeks but the hype dies down.

In any event, SO 4 is a total JRPG in many aspects. It appeals to Japanese gamers. Iv e been playing it and I find it a bit to cutesy but fun nonetheless.

wow
130k on day one!

155k first week?

Looks like best selling 3rd party games on 4 out of 5 platforms in Japan this gen will be from Square-Enix. But then again, it's always like that.

Every 7th Xbox360 User in Japan bought Star Ocean IV on day one. This is impressive.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

According to neogaf 80% of the shipment is sold.

this will turns things around in Japan for the 360

:D

Sweet! Go Star Ocean! Wow...thats pretty amazing :)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Yes!

130 k first day it's very well for xbox 360 game in japan!!

How many bundles sold ?

woW, now i want it even more!!

130k is amazing, and it's just 1st day!

too bad i don't have a 360

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^