Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 framerate can drop as low as 20fps

@Squilliam

Awesome gifs

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I watched the whole video , lucky me I've seen no difference
thanx god I'm a gifted real gamer , YEAH be jealous :P

I don't remember any of the reviews saying anything about this, not at all. The one claiming this fails.

I agree with you, if a game drops so much that it's unplayable then yeah it's out of hand, but the drop really isn't that noticeable that it ruins everything nor do I or a majority of people really notice and really isn't a problem in this game.

And the control issue has been touched on many times wither its lag or not. Personally the way the controls are, are perfect for me and will not be changing sensitiviy or the control style so I really have no room to argue on it, but to throw my 2 Cents in i just think people are so catered to a control style now that they can't seem to adjust to another one.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I guess it is official then.

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.
Mass Effect has frame drops.
Lost Odyssey has frame drops.

Does this mean we can no longer compare them to games of the same genre that do not have these same "issues"? I guess so.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
SHMUPGurus said:
soulsamurai said:
Are you guys kidding me.....have you guys even played the demo? Those dips in frame rates arn't even noticeable visually, and at the times it reached 20 fps was from a 1 second preload.

Don't forget the "bridge exploding" part. As we all know, it was pretty obvious that this part would lag though... But that's exactly the problem! I shouldn't be thinking about framedrops when I'm playing my HD console games, but console developers, especially 1st party ones, seem to have a certain will to try to compete with PC gaming or something (I could elaborate on that later)...

I know you're stabing at crysis and while others have compared to it, I have not.

I'm not going to take the time to look through your post history to see if you even played the demo or beta, but when you play your screen shakes so much from a realistic standpoint that you can't even notice the drop while playing, and even if you somehow did is that 4 frames per second less which were on for a second, maybe two......really.....really honestly killing your entire gaming experience. That's like saying you bought grapejuice that is only 99 percent juice so its utter garbage.

I can say after playing through the beta that at least your multiplayer experience will be a constant 30 FPs or at least damn near close even with 3 or 4 explosions in the backround.

Has it really come down to the fact that someone has to nitpick through screen tests to find a flaw? Almost everygame has a drop in it somewhere, however because this is Killzone 2 "OMG THERE IS A DROP THIS GAME IS UTTER SHIT!"

In Gears of War 2 the ride on the Brumak dropped the framerate bad especially if you run through it without killing some of the Locust. Framerate drops in every game it just happens.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:
soulsamurai said:
SHMUPGurus said:
soulsamurai said:
Are you guys kidding me.....have you guys even played the demo? Those dips in frame rates arn't even noticeable visually, and at the times it reached 20 fps was from a 1 second preload.

Don't forget the "bridge exploding" part. As we all know, it was pretty obvious that this part would lag though... But that's exactly the problem! I shouldn't be thinking about framedrops when I'm playing my HD console games, but console developers, especially 1st party ones, seem to have a certain will to try to compete with PC gaming or something (I could elaborate on that later)...

I know you're stabing at crysis and while others have compared to it, I have not.

I'm not going to take the time to look through your post history to see if you even played the demo or beta, but when you play your screen shakes so much from a realistic standpoint that you can't even notice the drop while playing, and even if you somehow did is that 4 frames per second less which were on for a second, maybe two......really.....really honestly killing your entire gaming experience. That's like saying you bought grapejuice that is only 99 percent juice so its utter garbage.

I can say after playing through the beta that at least your multiplayer experience will be a constant 30 FPs or at least damn near close even with 3 or 4 explosions in the backround.

Has it really come down to the fact that someone has to nitpick through screen tests to find a flaw? Almost everygame has a drop in it somewhere, however because this is Killzone 2 "OMG THERE IS A DROP THIS GAME IS UTTER SHIT!"

In Gears of War 2 the ride on the Brumak dropped the framerate bad especially if you run through it without killing some of the Locust. Framerate drops in every game it just happens.

As I have said numerous times.

"But... but... that's different."

Did we see articles on that? Of course not.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.

Does this mean we can no longer compare them to games of the same genre that do not have these same "issues"? I guess so.

Gears and Gears 2 framerate wasn't a problem, I haven't played the full KZ2 game yet so can't comment on that, but Mass Effect is a perfect example of absolutely unacceptable framerate. 

It was pretty consistently below 20 and the game just suffered for it.  Gear and Gears 2 didn't suffer because it wasn't the entire game and was rarely really noticeable.

twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.

Gears and Gears 2 framerate wasn't a problem, I haven't played the full KZ2 game yet so can't comment on that, but Mass Effect is a perfect example of absolutely unacceptable framerate. 

It was pretty consistently below 20 and the game just suffered for it.  Gear and Gears 2 didn't suffer because it wasn't the entire game and was rarely really noticeable.

Exactly, that is why we did not see any articles on it.

In this case however, no reviewers have even mentioned these frame drops which would mean it is a non-issue as well. I am just wondering why they felt the need to go through screen tests and such in order to find such a meaningless flaw that everyone else felt was a non-issue.

I never said I thought Gears frame drops were an issue, that is why I ended my post with a .

Currently playing:

This is what im trying to get a across ^

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2