By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 framerate can drop as low as 20fps

pbroy said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58022

"Cons: Frame rate issues when loading new areas;"

In the demo it amounted to slight stuttering that lasted about half a second, while traversing a corridor without enemies in sight. I suppose the level designers will have placed their loading points smartly, so I doubt it will be a problem.

As long as it doesn't ruin the action, I can live with it... Half Life 2 originally came with nasty stuttering troubles and longish loading pauses even on beefy PCs, and it was all drowned and muted by its sheer goodness. And KZ2's stuttering is almost unnoticeable in comparison.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
pbroy

Are those articles headlined in regards to framedrops? Are they devoted to screen testing and searching for flaws? If not, then it is not the same as what I was talking about. A Q&A is different than what we have here.

As for you finding a review mentioning it, congrats you proved me wrong. Still, you have over 160 others that still say otherwise.

Yea, but the article he found is in reference to the beta =/

pbroy said:
Euphoria14 said:
pbroy

Are those articles headlined in regards to framedrops? Are they devoted to screen testing and searching for flaws? If not, then it is not the same as what I was talking about. A Q&A is different than what we have here.

As for you finding a review mentioning it, congrats you proved me wrong. Still, you have over 160 others that still say otherwise.

Hey, I'm not hating. You just said that you never seen anyone mention frame rate. ~_n

People will find something bad to say about any game, nothing is invincible in the console wars.

I agree nothing is invincible.

I was right though, I did never see one. Until just now that is.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pbroy said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58022

"Cons: Frame rate issues when loading new areas;"

Your last link was talking about an old build and this one comes from Gamepro which I highly doubt they found much of a problem of it as they gave the game a 5/5. The only frame rate issues they even mention is when loading a new area. People will nitpick this game to death. And it's allways things that aren't even noticeable really. First the "controller lag" where they had to slow a video down to each frame to notice a small fraction of a second lag and now this. And people always bitch about ps3 fans. :P

PS3 Trophies

Cthulhu said:
my god all the hate

EPIC FAIL @ thread

Its not hate at all. Hate would be saying KZ2 and GOW2 both fail immensely bcoz their systems can't adequetly stay at an acceptable framerate. An fps or tps is supposed to react and move with split second timing always, if these were on the Wii no doubt it would lead to a few 8's instead of 9's. Deadly Creatures is a great point, im sure reviewers dropped marks bcoz of the systems inability to keep up with the amazing visuals.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Uh oh, more ammunition for the anti killzone 2 crowd...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:

Instigator... ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
colonelstubbs said:

Not really. This ammo is pretty much given to any anti-fan of any game on either of the two HD consoles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

RolStoppable said:
20 fps? That's bad news, but it could be worse. Just imagine if the game would run at 510p, now that would be bad.

Heh. I just got that.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Slightly off-topic:

I think it's crazy that people are saying that the frame rate drops aren't noticeable, because clearly there were noticeable or else you wouldn't have noticed them.

Anyway, slightly disappointed by this, but hopefully it's only for the really intense moments (because most of the game is intense from what I've seen).