Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:
I guess it is official then.

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.
Mass Effect has frame drops.
Lost Odyssey has frame drops.

Does this mean we can no longer compare them to games of the same genre that do not have these same "issues"? I guess so.

Gears and Gears 2 framerate wasn't a problem, I haven't played the full KZ2 game yet so can't comment on that, but Mass Effect is a perfect example of absolutely unacceptable framerate. 

It was pretty consistently below 20 and the game just suffered for it.  Gear and Gears 2 didn't suffer because it wasn't the entire game and was rarely really noticeable.

Exactly, that is why we did not see any articles on it.

In this case however, no reviewers have even mentioned these frame drops which would mean it is a non-issue as well. I am just wondering why they felt the need to go through screen tests and such in order to find such a meaningless flaw that everyone else felt was a non-issue.

I never said I thought Gears frame drops were an issue, that is why I ended my post with a .

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/926/926164p1.html

"The framerate drops on one level pretty consistently but there's a reason it drops."

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Griffin said:
pbroy said:
Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.

Does this mean we can no longer compare them to games of the same genre that do not have these same "issues"? I guess so.

Gears and Gears 2 framerate wasn't a problem, I haven't played the full KZ2 game yet so can't comment on that, but Mass Effect is a perfect example of absolutely unacceptable framerate. 

It was pretty consistently below 20 and the game just suffered for it.  Gear and Gears 2 didn't suffer because it wasn't the entire game and was rarely really noticeable.

In this case however, no reviewers have even mentioned these frame drops which would mean it is a non-issue as well. I am just wondering why they felt the need to go through screen tests and such in order to find such a meaningless flaw that everyone else felt was a non-issue.

I never said I thought Gears frame drops were an issue, that is why I ended my post with a .

http://www.dose.ca/games/story.html?id=78eed76b-e4be-45ad-9f28-fa911212174c

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58265

"The frame rate is consistently below what is considered smooth, and it often hitches and stutters to make things even worse. To top things off, when this happens, the controls are often affected by input lag as well, making the gameplay feel like you're trying to shoehorn and play a maxed-out Crysis on a computer that clearly has no business doing so."

I just Ctrl F that and it never came up in the review....

Sorry, wrong link.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
Griffin said:
pbroy said:
Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:

Gears has frame drops.
Gears 2 has frame drops.

http://www.dose.ca/games/story.html?id=78eed76b-e4be-45ad-9f28-fa911212174c

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58265

"The frame rate is consistently below what is considered smooth, and it often hitches and stutters to make things even worse. To top things off, when this happens, the controls are often affected by input lag as well, making the gameplay feel like you're trying to shoehorn and play a maxed-out Crysis on a computer that clearly has no business doing so."

I just Ctrl F that and it never came up in the review....

Sorry, wrong link.

Thats a preview of an old build, try again.

Edit, just read part of it and it seems to be talking about the multiplayer beta, lol

my god all the hate

EPIC FAIL @ thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58022

"Cons: Frame rate issues when loading new areas;"

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
my god all the hate

EPIC FAIL @ thread

Are you contributing to the discussion by posting that?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Cthulhu said:
my god all the hate

EPIC FAIL @ thread

I don't get it. What is "failing" in this thread? We're having discussions about framerate issues in console gaming, and you only contribute this to the thread? Wow.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

pbroy

Are those articles headlined in regards to framedrops? Are they devoted to screen testing and searching for flaws? If not, then it is not the same as what I was talking about. A Q&A is different than what we have here.

As for you finding a review mentioning it, congrats you proved me wrong. Still, you have over 160 others that still say otherwise.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pbroy said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58022

"Cons: Frame rate issues when loading new areas;"

Oh come on bro, that one is weak.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
pbroy

Are those articles headlined in regards to framedrops? Are they devoted to screen testing and searching for flaws? If not, then it is not the same as what I was talking about. A Q&A is different than what we have here.

As for you finding a review mentioning it, congrats you proved me wrong. Still, you have over 160 others that still say otherwise.

Hey, I'm not hating. You just said that you never seen anyone mention frame rate. ~_n

People will find something bad to say about any game, nothing is invincible in the console wars.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER