By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 framerate can drop as low as 20fps

nolpuk said:
Squilliam said:
windbane said:
Squilliam said:
@ Windbane, I lagged too much to notice the framerate.

Then get a better connection. Stop trolling against PS3. Please.

I don't mean to troll the PS3... Sorry.

My attack on KZ2 is expectation management, I WANT to be impressed by this game but I can't if I just hype it up.

What a super anti sony troll.

yeah, and nice sig.

Around the Network

I have to agree with the motion blur problem.  They should have at least added the option for it to be switched off. I dont get motion sickness, but I do feel the game has been spoiled by the addition of this blur.  It may have been less prominent if they included a 1080p option.  I'm a little let down to be honest.  Hopefully they release a patch.

I havs seen posts from both LCD screen and Plazma screen users saying the motion blur translates to image smearing and phosphor trailing respectively...

Damn shame.  Beautiful game.

I didn't encounter any slowdown about from when the game was loading.

People fabricating ways to put the game down, methinks.

Killzowned said:
I didn't encounter any slowdown about from when the game was loading.

People fabricating ways to put the game down, methinks.

me concurs.

also, a first time poster revives a month dead thread just to complain about KZ2?

seems a bit strange to me.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

well after 2 weeks with the game

i never had a frame drop, some people actually like to fabricate stuff.

Around the Network

Same here. After reading the framerate analysis I kept an eye open during the whole SP campaign, but could never really appreciate a frame drop. Must be minor and masked by the postprocessing.
During the MP, again, never caught my eye ie if there was some I completely missed it.

Btw, I don't really see any problem with the motion blur. The image feels completely natural. I play on a plasma tv, maybe the effect accentuates trailing on LCDs?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman