By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 framerate can drop as low as 20fps

Wii games a better designed 'within' the limitations of the hardware. There are some very nice looking games like SMG etc which run at 60FPS and they do push the hardware. Whereas on the Xbox 360/PS3 there are very few games aside from racers and fighers that run at a consistant 60FPS. Furthermore there are many, many more games which can barely maintain 30FPS and that is technically poor on the part of the developers.

Tease.

Around the Network

developers are just plain lazy. Look at bethesda and Fallout3. They didn't give shit about the PS3 version.

Sharky54 said:
developers are just plain lazy. Look at bethesda and Fallout3. They didn't give shit about the PS3 version.

Not sure if it was just me, but after they released the patch the PS3 version ran just fine.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

the textures in it suck on the PS3 version. Far away its fine. But it also has more bugs then either the 360 version or the PC version. And they didn't give PS3 the download able content.

Sharky54 said:
the textures in it suck on the PS3 version. Far away its fine. But it also has more bugs then either the 360 version or the PC version. And they didn't give PS3 the download able content.

Overall I still think it is fine. I don't take the time to do close ups on walls and floors, I tend to just try and enjoy the game.

As for DLC, that is fine. Only thing that bugged me was not being able to continue after beating the game, but I am already past that point because I moved on to a different game.

Now get back on topic or i'll have to kick you out of the KZ2 clan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think im going to wait for the PC version of this game! Too many frame-rate issues on consoles.

Tease.

Euphoria14 said:
Sharky54 said:

Overall I still think it is fine. I don't take the time to do close ups on walls and floors, I tend to just try and enjoy the game.

As for DLC, that is fine. Only thing that bugged me was not being able to continue after beating the game, but I am already past that point because I moved on to a different game.

Now get back on topic or i'll have to kick you out of the KZ2 clan.

Me and my friends played the PS3 and 360 game side by side, the textures are the same :P  Just for some reason the game itself seems to default to darker settings on PS3.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

LOL

Squilliam said:
Wii games a better designed 'within' the limitations of the hardware. There are some very nice looking games like SMG etc which run at 60FPS and they do push the hardware. Whereas on the Xbox 360/PS3 there are very few games aside from racers and fighers that run at a consistant 60FPS. Furthermore there are many, many more games which can barely maintain 30FPS and that is technically poor on the part of the developers.

I doubt the Wii harware is being pushed that hard. 680x480 isnt exactly a hard target to achieve on the specs of the Wii. 60FPS on a game running at 1280x720 or 1920x1080 is a much harder task.

Squilliam said:
windbane said:
Squilliam said:
@ Windbane, I lagged too much to notice the framerate.

Then get a better connection.  Stop trolling against PS3.  Please.

I don't mean to troll the PS3... Sorry.

My attack on KZ2 is expectation management, I WANT to be impressed by this game but I can't if I just hype it up.

What a super anti sony troll.

Squilliam: I only got an Xbox 360 because I was appalled at the conduct of certain PS3 fanboys...
I prefer to side with the lulz to be honest.

Squilliam said:
I've almost made it to 3 days without trolling the PS3. My personal best is 17 days and I want to beat that record?