By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 framerate can drop as low as 20fps

MaxwellGT2000 said:
windbane said:
at least he amused himself, even if he missed my real point.

That someone that 1) hasn't played an unreleased game is saying the slowdown doesn't effect gameplay and 2) just shown he doesn't know much about game graphics, yet has been whining about Wii graphics for over a year but praising PS3 graphics on internet forums... yeah...

So the point I've been getting from the overall posts you've made.

Graphics matter when it comes to Wii, if it's something like Metroid Prime 3, and can't tell the difference between it and the past games, and will refute all the given facts, yet if Killzone 2 has framerate that dips into the 20s and could possibly effect gameplay, all of a sudden technical stuff doesn't matter...

Just me but when you go around telling people things it just doesn't seem from a reliable source, I say wait till the game comes out and actually play it to make judgement, because the beta and the demo's are not the full game.

1.  I played the game for several hundred hours.

2.  The triangle thing was a joke.  I'm sorry you didn't understand that.

3.  Graphics matter when it comes to Wii but no one freaking cares to study the technical aspects of their games because they aren't held up to be technically impressive.

4.  There are nearly 60 reviews counted on metacritic and none of them mention frame rate problems being an issue in the game, which is why I don't take this thread seriously.  The fact that people need to attack this game is retarded to me.  It's a great game.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
windbane said:

Clarification: just triangles. No polygons. Maybe some squares.

Edit: also, no one studies MP3 to see if it has frame rate drops because no cares enough to bash it. KZ2 is going through the same stuff that Halo and Gears did. props to Infinity Ward for getting away with infinite spawns. Those should be picked apart.

Today's 3D engines only use triangles. If you see a square in a game it's actually drawn as two triangles.

Some enemies are triangles, others are 2.  What aren't you getting about it being a joke?  See the edit for the real point.

This thread was pointless and always will be.  Those that have played the game (including beta and 60-100 reviews depending on how many you count) know that frame rate isn't a problem with this game.

try again, guys.  Maybe go back to attacking the controls?  You seem to have more a point there because some people don't like it.  I do.

windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
windbane said:
at least he amused himself, even if he missed my real point.

That someone that 1) hasn't played an unreleased game is saying the slowdown doesn't effect gameplay and 2) just shown he doesn't know much about game graphics, yet has been whining about Wii graphics for over a year but praising PS3 graphics on internet forums... yeah...

So the point I've been getting from the overall posts you've made.

Graphics matter when it comes to Wii, if it's something like Metroid Prime 3, and can't tell the difference between it and the past games, and will refute all the given facts, yet if Killzone 2 has framerate that dips into the 20s and could possibly effect gameplay, all of a sudden technical stuff doesn't matter...

Just me but when you go around telling people things it just doesn't seem from a reliable source, I say wait till the game comes out and actually play it to make judgement, because the beta and the demo's are not the full game.

1.  I played the game for several hundred hours.

2.  The triangle thing was a joke.  I'm sorry you didn't understand that.

3.  Graphics matter when it comes to Wii but no one freaking cares to study the technical aspects of their games because they aren't held up to be technically impressive.

4.  There are nearly 60 reviews counted on metacritic and none of them mention frame rate problems being an issue in the game, which is why I don't take this thread seriously.  The fact that people need to attack this game is retarded to me.  It's a great game.

So you were trolling?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

windbane said:
NJ5 said:
windbane said:

Clarification: just triangles. No polygons. Maybe some squares.

Edit: also, no one studies MP3 to see if it has frame rate drops because no cares enough to bash it. KZ2 is going through the same stuff that Halo and Gears did. props to Infinity Ward for getting away with infinite spawns. Those should be picked apart.

Today's 3D engines only use triangles. If you see a square in a game it's actually drawn as two triangles.

Some enemies are triangles, others are 2.  What aren't you getting about it being a joke?  See the edit for the real point.

This thread was pointless and always will be.  Those that have played the game (including beta and 60-100 reviews depending on how many you count) know that frame rate isn't a problem with this game.

try again, guys.  Maybe go back to attacking the controls?  You seem to have more a point there because some people don't like it.  I do.

You do realise that developers hid the low frame-rates of the PS2 FPS games by slowing down the response of the analogue sticks?

Also you played the beta multi-player wheras this is using the single player game so your experiences are no comparable with what was measured.

Tease.

NJ5 said:
So not only is it not 60 fps, but it's not even a stable 30 fps? If this is what passes for a technically good game these days, fine...

It's quite annoying that most of the 360 games I played have noticeable framerate dips whereas the Wii is much better in this regard.

LOL, really, you are comparinng the Wii to the 360 and PS3 in terms of framerate? Put any Wii game on either 360 or PS3 and they wouldnt even break a sweat at 60FPS hell 120FPS

Around the Network
darendt said:
NJ5 said:
So not only is it not 60 fps, but it's not even a stable 30 fps? If this is what passes for a technically good game these days, fine...

It's quite annoying that most of the 360 games I played have noticeable framerate dips whereas the Wii is much better in this regard.

LOL, really, you are comparinng the Wii to the 360 and PS3 in terms of framerate? Put any Wii game on either 360 or PS3 and they wouldnt even break a sweat at 60FPS hell 120FPS

No, hes comparing the 'gameplay' experience. In many ways the Wii games are designed better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
darendt said:
NJ5 said:

No, hes comparing the 'gameplay' experience. In many ways the Wii games are designed better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

If they weren't designed well/better, then there would be absolutely no point to owning a Wii, imho.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

darendt said:
NJ5 said:

If it's fine to say PS360 games have better graphics, why is it not fine to say Wii games have better framerates?

There's this thing called reality in which your post is meaningless.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Hmm... well I haven't noticed it too much. It's a solid 30 during most gameplay, and only drops when explosions and such happened during the cutscenes. I can take that. And never during the game did it feel like the frame rate was too low, and there was no choppiness. Until I read this, I had no idea the frame-rate dropped during gameplay.

One of the oldest Members of the site.

NJ5 said:
darendt said:
NJ5 said:

If it's fine to say PS360 games have better graphics, why is it not fine to say Wii games have better framerates?

There's this thing called reality in which your post is meaningless.

What the hell games have better framerates?  Having lower graphics doesn't mean the framerates are automatically better.  The games aren't designed any better on Wii than other systems.  They are different.

Squilliam has showed us 100 times now that CoD4 framerates were high, so let's see some Wii FPS framerates.  Afterall, they should be much higher since the graphics aren't being shown off...except they are...for the Wii.