By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games you hate that everyone else loves!

Like the first couple of respondents, just slap together a list of popular FPS games for me and you've probably got it. Only a handful of games in the genre have done anything for me, and I'd rather be playing pretty much anything else.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
ruimartiniman said:
1. Wii fitt.
2. Wii sports.
3. Super smash bros.
4. Need for speed prostreet
5. Oblivion the elder scrolls iv.

Everyone hates Pro Street, but I am certainly there with you on Oblivion

Gears of war
Halo 2 < loved 1
Halo 3
Tales of vesparia
Uncharted < Still getting 2
Anything GT

Edit: Anything w/ Wii in fron of it >_>

ruimartiniman said:
1. Wii fitt.
2. Wii sports.
3. Super smash bros.
4. Need for speed prostreet
5. Oblivion the elder scrolls iv.

from a Hardcore gamers perspective i get wii fit and wii sport

but what is oblivion doing there? Best RPG ever

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

These are my top 5 (note that I don't technically "hate" all of them, some are games that just severly underperformed (for me) based on hype and astronomic expectations and recieved really high scores undeservedly, I do strongly dislike all five though):

1: Crysis, this game truly is shit in my opinion. The lofty promises were completely shredded as soon as I sat down and played, the amazing visuals were not there (I found that playing @ 3-4 fps got tiresome) and the gameplay is horribly, horribly tedious. The AI is atrocious, especially for a game that boasts about being so damn advanced and the physics were allencompassing but completely unrealistic (please, feel free to ask for examples). The story is 1980's kind of cheesy and the game is faaaaaar from being sandbox, like everyone claims (again, feel free to ask for examples).

2: F.E.A.R, possibly the most dreary and gray level design ever, almost only in enclosed spaces, even the enemies look gray and boring. The famed AI is nothing but cheap designer tricks (you need to take the elevator, a scripted sequence starts when you're in the middle of the room, sending enemies pouring out of doors and elevators around you and people go; "Oh my what AI! They completely surrounded me!"). The slowdown is not very original and has been done better before (Max Payne, anyone) and this feature makes the game way too easy teamed with the massively underwhelming AI.
Don't even get me started on the "horror" elements in this "scary" game...

3: Bioshock, I was promised a revolution, staggering gameplay elements never before seen, fantastic storytelling and a superb setting which would mesmerize from beginning till end. I got none of the above. Some of the industry's finest SFX and art direction cannot disguise the monotony and imbalance the game contains and the RPG elements I heard about remained nothing but empty words.

4: Motorstorm, having seen and read about this launch title for the PS3, I was very excited, racing being among my favourite genres and games like Colin Mcrae and the underrated Smuggler's Run being among my all time favourite titles, this had to be good! No... it was... boring, the sense of speed is extremely poor, it feels like you'd benefit from leaving the vehicle and proceed on foot at times. The vehicles controlled great but that doesn't help one bit, the tracks were boring and uninspired, the crash cam becomes cheesy and arbitrary (the goal here is not crashing, as in Burnout in certain modes, it only gets in the way). Lastly, the sound was barely there at all and there were no proper weather effects at all.

5: Call of Duty: World at War, by far the weakest in the series, the accolades this has been reaping all over is unfathomable to me. Between the extremely unoriginal settings (there were plenty of action not involving Americans and British in WWII and several things outside of D-Day and the Pacific War actually occurred as well) and the horribly tedious gallery of characters (it speaks volumes when my my reaction at having mates killed was; "Good, one more of those dumb fucks outta my way"...) and the painstaking, overly scripted AI and level design, there isn't much incentive for me to ever finish this game. Not a moment of surprise, nothing new to add to the genre or the series and a feel opf being rushed to the market destroys what semblance on dignity it might initially have had. A truly horrible game in my eyes, co-op and online multi does nothing to alleviate anything for me, having such a drag of a campaign in 2008/2009 in such a presigeous series in plain unforgiveable.

Around the Network

I really don't have hate for popular titles I think most are well made and I don't hate anything well made.

Probably the only popular titles that I hate are...

1) GTA 3

2) GTA VC

3) GTA SA

4) GTA 4

5) GTA LCS

Mostly because I don't see them as well made, the top down games were really fun and entertaining, but the 3D ones really get on my nerves because so many things just seem kinda clunky, it's like a Jack of all trades but master of none deal.

Sorry for not being able to make a real list just a hate for the non top down games of a series :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

lol @ Mummelmann's explanation of the AI in F.E.A.R. (The game really has brilliant AI )

1. Final Fantasy VII - I'm sorry, but the story is retarded. The characters are lame and the battle system is average.

2. Metal Gear Solid 4 - see FFVII. There are way too many cutscenes. They do everything for you. This is Kojima's slow yet long wank. Also the Drebin points were lame and made the game way too easy.

3. Guitar Hero - I play real guitar so :P

4. The World Ends with You - The story is uninteresting, the dialogue is awful and battles are pretty much swipes on the touch screen and random button presses for the girl.

5. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - The story is awful, the dialogue is laughable and the game is way too easy. I can pretty much beat it just by pressing X with a few times using the dodge button.

5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. After the ridiculous grenade fest on Veteran, I swore to myself that I would never touch this abomination. What a bunch of lazy ass developers when they just change one variable that screws up the whole fricking experience! I don't even want to touch CoD5's veteran mode! It marked me forever! xD

4. Final Fantasy IX. I don't get it. What's so special about it? The battle loadings took two hours, the story looked pretty average to me. I can't deny that Squaresoft created and awesome little world on 4 disks, but the game didn't appeal to me that much. The characters did look silly... at least most of them! I will say this: sci-fi > medieval.

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The game is really big, really really big! It's a tribute to many Nintendo IPs. The game engine, though, is broken. Why did a new developer work on the title? Why the heck did they remove most advanced techniques like "L-canceling" (that was in the original SSB too by the way) or make mostly all the old characters suck ass (I'm looking at you Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ness, Marth, etc...)? The fun thing about Melee and the original SSB is that everyone could be good with anybody. Now, the gap between sucky characters and godly characters are so obvious, it's not even funny! Screw this, I still play Melee up to this day. It was such a classic, and it was more technical for a fighting game. I loved that. Now, it's a "Smash" fest, and the winner is always decided by who gets it first. Normal attacks can barely KO anyone now, and relying on "Smash attacks" is just cheap. Oh well...

2. Skate. Why the heck is this game so glitchy? I also couldn't stand the "real-life skaters" thingy. It's a fricking game, make it look like a game. Why is the story so serious? I don't know... I guess I'm not "bad" enough! =P

1. Mostly all MMOs. These games are an abomination. They destroy friendships (I have a personal experience about this myself...), lives, and they can even burn your real life cash! The concepts behind them aren't that bad, but the addiction they create is mortal.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Barozi said:
lol @ Mummelmann's explanation of the AI in F.E.A.R. (The game really has brilliant AI )

At no point in the game did I feel that the AI in F.E.A.R was anything above average. At what instances was the AI brilliant, specifically? Must've been a part of the game I missed (which sounds weird, I actually finished this one as opposed to the other four in the list) or perhaps I fell asleep at the constant cheesy attempts at horror. Who knows.