By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games you hate that everyone else loves!

Xen said:
1. Resident Evil, all except RE4. Survival Horror? more like survival lolz0r. You want scary? play Silent Hill. RE's a joke.
2. Guitar Hero/Rock Band
3. Final Fantasy IX. Well, I don't hate it, I plain dislike it. VII is infinetely better.
4. Dragon Quest VIII. Can you say G-E-N-E-R-I-C?
5. Pokemon games. Boring, the creatures above the original 150 (or was it 151? ) are total overkill.

Oh, man, I agree with 3 and 4 completely, 5 we can get to an understanding and 1 I don't care 'cause I never played any RE...but this? Guess you're not my alter ego after all

Around the Network
Toefactor said:
Out of curiosity toward the people that dislike Mario 64...what exactly did you dislike? I found Mario 64 to be nearly flawless, especially when considering it was a launch title. Imo, it may be the best launch title of all time.

I found it to be flat and boring because of too much distance between set pieces. It had a not very intuitive camera, visuals were lacking.  Didn't feel like it had the variety of it's 2D Cousins. Had Mario galaxy been M64 i would've never purchased a playstation.  I can't believe it took them that long to fix all my 3D mario complaints.

I thought the Crash route of mostly faking 3D while remaining mostly two in style and format was a better idea at that time given the limitations of the hardware and newness of 3D gaming.

There is one game called GTA 4

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

1) ICO - Its a very mediocre game, and the sales show it. Do you think it matters to the devs if a game gets great reviews if it doesn't sell?

2) Mario - Now I want to go on record saying I fucking love Mario. Its a great series which deserves great sales and reviews. The only thing is I think is it's slightly over-rated and they aren't as amazing as people think.

3) Devil May Cry - I know its not the most popular, but lots of people really like it...I'm not one of them. Its a hack and slash game that isn't even that fun.

4) Metal Gear Solid 4 - I'll start by saying I've never played the first 3 so I was new to the series. The cutscenes are way too long and I skipped all of them after about the first 5, the stealth is cool like how you get camouflage to any environment, but the action/shooting is average at best.

5) Zelda - I just don't like Zelda. I don't think it's as great as everyone says. Most people who look at Ocarina of Time and see a masterpiece, while I see an okay adventure game. I'll end it at that.

Owner of: PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, DC, and Xbox.

Most Wanted: Gran Turismo 5, Conduit, Assassin's Creed 2

sonyfanatic said:
There is one game called GTA 4

Now there's one I can get on board with. In fact, I am trading it and a bunch of other lackluster titles in for Street Fighter 4.

I can't even place a finger on what I dislike about GTA 4, I just didn't enjoy it.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Xen said:
1. Resident Evil, all except RE4. Survival Horror? more like survival lolz0r. You want scary? play Silent Hill. RE's a joke.
2. Guitar Hero/Rock Band
3. Final Fantasy IX. Well, I don't hate it, I plain dislike it. VII is infinetely better.
5. Pokemon games. Boring, the creatures above the original 150 (or was it 151? ) are total overkill.

Oh, man, I agree with 3 and 4 completely, 5 we can get to an understanding and 1 I don't care 'cause I never played any RE...but this? Guess you're not my alter ego after all

Well, I just don't find those fun at all

I couldnt've been it anyway - I didn't play Suikoden!

Let's see...

5 Final Fantasy XII. Although more people seem to hate it, the reviews are absurdly high. I for myself couldn't stand the mess of a story and boring, automatic gameplay.
4 Viewtiful Joe 2. For a game this hard, it lacks depth IMO. That makes you feel like there is no way past a certain point, while in a game like DMC, you feel that you just need to get better.
3 Metroid Prime. Overly confusing and I can't really connect to Samus.
2 FIFA series. If I wanna play soccer, I'll go outside and play soccer.
1 Grand Theft Auto series. I just never have fun when playing these games, and I really hate the urban atmosphere.

I drink your milkshake.

Xen said:
zexen_lowe said:
Xen said:
2. Guitar Hero/Rock Band

Well, I just don't find those fun at all

I couldnt've been it anyway - I didn't play Suikoden!

As long as you promise that someday you'll play them, I'm fine.

1. Grand theft Auto 4
2. Halo 3
3. Fable 2
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Assassins Creed

PS3 Trophies

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Call of Duty 4
3. Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl
4. Metroid Prime
5. Kingdom Hearts 2