By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games you hate that everyone else loves!

ZZetaAlec said:
Toefactor said:
ZZetaAlec said:
There are many gams I could list however i refuse as this is another one of those threads designed to deliberately piss people of...

Not at all. Why should anyone be pissed off because you dislike something that they like? This is simply a thread where you can state why you did not like some games that most people do like. It's like an anti-fanboy thread where you get to be an individual with your own taste in games.

Regardless of your intentions your kidding yourself if you don't think this thread will decend into numerous flame wars.

So far so good.

As for all of the Halo hate so far, I was initially surprised because I love Halo, but upon further consideration of the reasons given I can certainly understand people's hatred of the Live component of the game. There are definately a lot of maniacal 13 year old loud mouths that play on Live, but for some reason I have always found them more amusing than annoying. If anything, it's the people that blast music into their mics that drive me nuts on Halo and those are few and far between and not restricted to just Halo games.

Around the Network
Myviewing said:
I can only think of 3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. I don't neccessarily hate the MGS games, I just really dislike the gameplay, they just aren't my kind of games.

I totally agree with Wind Waker. I considered putting it on my top 5, but it just got edged out by Diddy Kong Racing.

I hated the cell shading and didn't find the puzzles to be in the same league as Ocarina of Time.

MGS4
Final Fantasy 7
Tekken
Gran Turismo
Bioshock

@Toefactor
Mortal Kombat 2 had substance...but for the rest of them you are on the ball.

All Rare Platformers: DK Country, DK 64, Banjo Kazooie, whatever. I love 3D Platformers, i hate fetch quests, and their artistic styles

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Wii Music

I hate very few games, and apart from nearly all "casual games" I am mostly indifferent, so my indifferent games are:

Halo 3
All Mario games

{This includes SSB, MK, SM etc}

Around the Network

1. Halo
2. Final Fantacy
3. F-Zero
4. Star Fox
5. Guitar Hero

1. Dragon Quest VIII
2. Halo: Combat Evolved
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Smash Bros. 64
5. Final Fantasy IX

(A side note, unlike the top 4, I don't hate FFIX, it's a decent game, just too overrated for me)

World of Warcraft
The Witcher
Skate
Skate 2
Wii Fit

Halo, just could never get into it, still think it's over rated.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, way over rated, fun at first but dies off fast.

All the new Mortal Kombat games, all of them don't seem anything like the old ones.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

kowenicki said:
Dead Or Alive
Devil May Cry
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Tekken

Soul Calibur ?

Virtua Fighter ?