By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Question for Wii Owners

NES, N64(main plat), PSOne, GBA, GC, Xbox(main plat), PSP, Wii, 360.

Between the Wii and the 360, I play both mostly the same, all depends on my mood.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network

Last Gen: Xbox, GC, PS2 (two of em, one died), Dreamcast for a while.

Gen before that: N64, PS1

Before that: SNES, Genesis, TURBOGRAFIX 16 (for real hahahaha)

Ancient times: NES

Super Ancient times: Atari 2600, Calecovision.

Now: Wii, Xbox 360.

As you can see, I've grown up with video games.

PS. I was a PC gamer for most of those years as well. I find it too expensive nowadays to keep up with the tech.

Just kiss the tip.

Oh yeah! For portables I owned Game Gear, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, and I have a PSP that's been collecting quite a bit of dust lately.

Just kiss the tip.

i can only afford one console per gen, and would have bought the cheapest whichever it was, although a slight bias toward nintendo, because had nintendo been only £25-50 more than cheapest id have gone with it anyway.

i owned GC before Wii, N64 before that, and megadrive before that [second-hand]

@montana. i agree, the vast majority of votes for DS/psp/ps2 will be truthful, i would bet half of votes for the 3 home consoles were just to see that console win [hence those 3 being in 1st, 2nd and 3rd]

many people may have voted a console because its the only one they have... i voted Wii as i dont have the others, if id had them all and sampled a decent portion of games id have probably had to put DS, closely followed by ps2... then 360 and psp, then Wii, then ps3. [thats all based on games though, wasn't the question which is the best console?]

NES, Genesis, SNES, lots and lots of PC gaming, Wii.

Although I didn't own any consoles from the previous gen, I did spend many hours on the consoles of friends. In order of hours played, I'd say Xbox, PS2, GC.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I used to have a Nintendo 64 and I have a Gamecube. I only had a Gamecube last generation so obviously it was my main gaming console. So yeah, I got a Wii so I could play Mario, Zelda, etc. again and I probably won't be getting a Xbox 360 or a PS3. I started with Mario and I am used to playing Nintendo games so I would have gotten a Wii if it had motion controls or not.

But I still think that Nintendo hit the blue ocean because they are expanding that market to people who would never even think about playing video games.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

the Wii only. before the Wii, PC.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Previous to the wii, the last console that I bought that was of "current" gen was the genesis. So mark me down as pc. I'm one of the people that Nintendo "brought back".

I had all three last gen systems. PS2 and GC at launch , Xbox couple of years later. I also had N64 and PS before. PS2 and GC were both about equally played.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Well, there are a lot of Wii owners on this site because Wii sales are generally very positive so the Wii owners are pulled in to this place more because of that.

I own a Wii now, had a PS2 and a GC last gen but played the PS2 far more. DS is my first handheld since the Game Boy original. PC game a bit too.