By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Question for Wii Owners

super_etecoon said:
... What was your main gaming platform last generation? Did you own a Gamecube? What about an N64?

I had a PS2 last gen with about 18 games.  I did not like the game cube and I did not own a 64 (I was into computers during the 64 era). I did own a snes however and a master system 2 before that.  So I think I'm not purchasing my system on past habbits.  I personally was fed up with gaming half way through the PS2 gen and once I found out about the Wii, I found a renewed love in gaming.  The really great news is that my wife is now into playing the Wii too. (No kids yet). Oh the joy of having someone to game with all the time.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network

I had a PS2 and a GameCube last-gen. I love Nintendo and always supported them but that does not mean I only buy Nintendo goodness. I held off of buying a PS2 until an actually GOOD game came about [Final Fantasy X]. I bought the GameCube when Metroid Prime came out. I couldn't beleieve my eyes when I first booted up Prime...

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Last gen I had a PS2 Dreamcast and a Gamecube, I own more games for Gamecube but spent almost as much time with the PS2 anyway.

The generation before I owned Sega Saturn, N64 & Playstation. I have to say some of my favorite games of the generation came from the N64 but I bought a lot more for Playstation.

Before that CD-i 3D0, sega cd, sega genesis and SNES. 3D0 and CD-i were mostly a waste of time, money & Space. Sega CD had a few(very few) good games genesis rocked but the SNES was just far better then them all.

I'd go further back then that but we might be here for a while if I do.

In this order :

• MasterSystem
  • Nes
  • Genesis
  • GameBoy
  • SuperNes
  • Saturne
  • N64
  • PSX
  • GameCube
  • GBA
  • PS2
  • DS
  • WII
  • XBOX 360

Ureshikunai yo, kono yaro~~ 

thanks Rol and donWii.

i was using the percentage of the 90%, so my 50% GC roughly corresponds with your 40% Don [50% of 90 being 45] , though i would argue your case of there being less GC owners due to smash bros, because people would normally flock to the popular system, and so if the Wii was seen as suddenly popular, GC owners who were thinking of waiting this gen [due to poor software support last gen], or even changing sides, would then get a Wii, increasing numbers more i think, than one game could.
^not sure that reads well, hope you understand.

also i have the ps2 gamers overlapping to include nintedo fans who went ahead and bought a ps2 as well as GC [and the others are supposed to overlap too, for other multiple console buyers.... just wouldn't be as much as with GC overlap]
There does seem to be a decent number of generation skip gamers on this thread, probably due to this site being mostly hardcore, who have the PC as a kind of fall-back system.